Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

About the Community

Learn more about our products, find answers, get the latest updates, and connect with other Hexagon Geospatial product users, or get support from our professional service team.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Welcome to the Hexagon Geospatial Support Guidelines

by Community Manager on ‎03-21-2017 08:24 AM - last edited on ‎05-16-2017 02:44 AM by Community Manager (10,503 Views)

We’re here to help you with your Hexagon Geospatial products. In the Support Center our team of professional analysts is focused on you and the needs of your organization. We want to help you resolve any software issues that may be impacting your daily project work. This set of support guidelines will help you create support tickets, interact with analysts, and monitor your technical support questions.

Hexagon Geospatial Support Tickets

Technical Support tickets allow you to interact with technical support analysts directly and follow up on an issue from beginning to end.  Once logged into your account, you will have access to your personal account information and a list of your existing active and legacy tickets. The Support Center is divided into four content pages that allow you to direct and control all of your activities.  These pages are accessed from the drop down arrow located beside your name.  These content windows include:

Home - The Home page is divided into two tabbed pages the Details page and the Related page.  The Details page provides all of the details related to to a ticket including content, comments and attachments.  The Related Tab provides lists of items associated with a ticket such an abbreviated list of comments and the list of attachments. From the Home page you are also able to create new tickets, followup on existing tickets and edit your profile and account settings.  Home can also be accessed from any page by clicking on the Home icon. house.jpg                                           

My Profile - The My Profile page allows you to view and edit information that is specific to your account including Name, Title, Manager, Company, Email, Phone number, Address etc.  You may update your account information as needed. 

My Settings - The My Settings page allows you to change personal settings regarding what you see, how you are contacted, and who in the community may view your information. The page is divided into 3 sections including:

• Account - View/change information regarding your account such as email, password, language, location and time zone.
  • Profile Visibility - This section is not used.
  • Email Notifications - This section is not used. 

My Account - The Account page is divided into two tabbed pages Details and Related.  The Details page provides a detailed listing of all of your company account information. Nothing can be edited on these pages.  Edits to record information can only be completed on the My Profile or My Settings pages. To change account pages click on the Related tab.  This tab opens a list showing all contacts associated with this record. All current and legacy tickets including the ticket number, contact name, subject and priority.  All Assets associated with this account, and your current and historical activities. 

How do I create a new support ticket?

Click the New button and the Support Ticket interface will open.  (Note if you are an HGDN member then you will need to select support ticket.)

Priority – Select your ticket priority.

• Production Down  System software is failing to the point where you are unable to proceed with project work.
  • Potentially Critical – System software is failing for one program, however you are able to use other parts of the software.
  • Minor impact – System software is failing but there is a workaround.

Subject – Short description of issue.

Description – Provide a detailed description of your problem. Please include what is happening and how it is impacting your workflow.

Steps to reproduce – Provide a detailed, step by step workflow that will reproduce the reported problem. We are not able to proceed unless we can reproduce the problem.

eMail to CC – If desired, send email notifications to another person regarding the ticket. Pls. note that this field does not support multiple eMail addresses.

End Customer  Click in this field to see a list of customers associated with this account.

Product  Click in this field to see a list of your available software products. If you have selected an End Customer then the Product field will be limited to the current products available for that customer. 

Version – Please provide the version of the software you are using.( Note: It is important to always provide the correct software version being used as well as any service packs or hotfixes that might be loaded.)

When your ticket content is complete click the Confirm button.  The ticket will activate and assign a ticket number. The ticket number is the identifier you will use if you need to contact us regarding your software issue.  Ticket content can be edited at any time and additional comments can be added on the Ticket Detail page.  

NOTE: To return to your home page click on the home button house.jpg

What if my product is not listed when logging a ticket?

If your product is not listed try selecting an End Customer to update the list of products available.

How do I edit an existing ticket?

To edit an existing ticket simply click on the ticket number of the ticket you want to review from the home page.  This will open the ticket.  Click the Edit button on this page and all of the fields will re-activate.  Make needed changes then click the Save button.

How do I add a comment to my ticket?

To add an additional comment to a newly created ticket, or an existing ticket, you will need to make sure the ticket is open.  When open scroll to the bottom of the ticket.  Here you will find a text field where you can add additional comments. Type in your comment and then click on on the green Comment button to add it.  You may add as many comments as needed.

How can I edit or delete a comment I made on my ticket?

It is not possible to edit or delete comments at this time.  If you need to change a comment or add additional information simply add a new comment on the Ticket Details page.

How do I add an attachment to my ticket?

Open any active ticket and scroll to the bottom of the page.  In the comment field there is a paper clip icon.  Click on this icon and follow the instructions to add the attachment.  After adding your attachment click on on the green Comment button to add it. You may add as many attachments as needed.  Please note that there is a file size limit of 25MB for ticket attachments.

How can I send larger attachments for my ticket?

For larger attachments that exceed 25MB, please use the file transfer service.  Simply click on the File Transfer button located on your home page.  This will take you to our file transfer service FileCatalyst:

• Select the Customers Access button.
  • Choose the Standard File Delivery order type.
  • Enter your contact information and use the recipient email for your support analyst provided in the ticket.
  • Click the Upload Files button to select your files.
  • Click the Start Upload button to begin transferring your data.
  • Finally please add the corresponding download link as a comment to your ticket.

How do I delete an attachment?

It is not possible to edit or delete attachments at this time.  If you need to change an attachment or add additional information, then simply add a new attachment on the Ticket Details page.

How do I interact with a Support Analyst?

All interaction between the customer and the analyst occurs in the comments section of the ticket.

Analyst interaction - When an analyst accepts a ticket.

• Support ticket submitted to Hexagon Geospatial Support.
  • Analyst selects a ticket based on expertise.
  • Analyst enters a comment or adds an attachment to your ticket.
  • You are automatically sent an email notification of this update.

Customer interaction - When the customer recieves notification of a response.

• An update email with the subject “A new comment has been added to your ticket number” is received by customer.
  • Email contains an overview of comments made by ticket analyst and a live link to the ticket.
  • Click the live ticket number link or simply log into account to view the ticket.
  • Scroll to the bottom of the page for comment and attachments.
  • Type new questions or comments in the comments field. (Note: There is a 4000 character limitation.)
  • Click the green Comment button when finished.
  • Add an attachment by clicking the paperclip icon and following the instructions.

Can I close or re-open my own ticket?

Yes you can close or reopen your ticket as needed. First open the ticket from your content list.  To close or re-open the ticket simply click the long green button just under the ticket title.  If the ticket is open it will say Close Ticket.  If the ticket is closed it will say Re-Open Ticket.  

NOTE: Do not use the Close button to return to your list of tickets.  To return to your list of tickets click on the house.jpgbutton.

How do I search for a ticket?

Type any relevant words in the search field of the home page when you are logged in.  If you have the ticket number you can also search with the number or part of the number.

How do I update my eMail address, company information, or contact information?

Change or update your personal information on the My Profile page.  Access the My Profile page from your home page by clicking on the down arrow beside your name. 

dropdown.jpg

To make changes:

• Click on the My Profile option to open the page.
  • Click on Edit and all of the fields will activate.
  • Make changes as needed to phone numbers, addresses, emails and company information.
  • Click the Save button when you are satisfied with your changes.
  • To see your changes you will need to log out and log back in. 

How do I change my password?

Change or update your password or email address from the My Settings page. Access the My Settings page from your home page by clicking on the down arrow beside your name.

How can I edit my account details?

Account details can be viewed from the Home page dropdown My Accounts.  

• Customers are not able to change the details on the My Accounts page.  To make a change to your account information please create a support ticket and we will make the change for you
  • Partner Account Managers are able to edit information found in My Accounts.  
  • Partner Support Analyst contact your Partner Account Manager to have changes made. 

Where can I view emails associated with my ticket?

Any emails associated with your ticket can be found and opened from the Related List page accessed from the home page. Emails cannot currently be edited or deleted. 

How can I speak directly with my support analyst?

If you would like to speak directly with your support analyst please email them to request call/WebEx, or phone the call center at the number listed on the main support page. Please note: this number is for partners or USA and Canada direct customers only.  International calls are referred to your local international partner. 

Where is the best place to find out how to use the software, find suggested workflows or ask questions about best practices?

We encourage all of our users to check out and follow the Hexagon Geospatial Community.  Here you will gain, exchange, and share knowledge, or discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial product pioneers and experts to get the most out of Hexagon Geospatial products. Check the Discussion boards daily or simply subscribe to your favorite products.  Look for suggested workflows or known issues in our Knowledge and Support section.  

What is a Development ticket?

The Development Ticket is part of the Hexagon Geospatial Developer Network (HGDN) workflow.  HGDN supports solutions built on top of Hexagon Geospatial software for custom projects or commercial resale. For more information on how to become a part of our developer network please visit our website here

How do I create a new Development ticket?

From the Home page, click the New button and select Development Ticket.

Subject – Short description of issue.

Problem Description – Provide a detailed description of your development requirement. Please include what the software does now and how you would like to change or enhance the workflow. For instance:

• What product is being extended?
  • What is the new feature that is needed?
  • What are all the parts of the software that need to be changed to complete this project? 
  • Provide a step by step workflow of desired process. 
  • What are the conditions of success? How do we test the development to assure we have completed the expectations?
  • What is the expected interaction by the user? For instance, is this process commandline driven or does a user interface need to be added to the ribbon.
  • If an interface is desired what does that look like? 

Product Family  Click in this field to see a list of your available software products. If you have selected an End Customer then the Product field will be limited to the current products available for that customer. 

Desired Delivery date - Provide the date by which the software development is needed.  Click on the calendar for easy selection. 

Version – Please provide the version of the software you are using.( Note: It is important to always provide the correct software version being used as well as any service packs or hotfixes that may also be installed.)

Accept the Terms and Conditions – Please read and accept the terms and conditions

When your ticket content is complete click the Confirm button.  The ticket will activate and assign a ticket number. The ticket number is the identifier you will use if you need to contact us regarding your development request.  

NOTE: To return to your home page click on the home button house.jpg

Can I edit a Development ticket?

A Development Ticket content can be edited at any time by opening the ticket and clicking on the edit button.  When the ticket is activated you may add additional comments, or add attachments. Like the Support Ticket, the Development ticket is also divided into two tabbed pages: Ticket Details and Related List. The layout and workflow of the Development Ticket is the same as the Support Ticket. 

What happens once I submit a Development ticket?

When a ticket is submitted for Development, it will be reviewed to determine the effort needed to complete the project based on credits. (Credits are are purchased for your account and used for development.) When the estimate is completed:

• We will provide you with an estimated delivery date and the number of credits needed for the project.
  • We will create an approval request to be signed by an approving manager qualified to sign purchase orders on behalf of the customer/partner.
  • We will send an approval request link via email notification to the partner manager.  Clicking the approval link will direct you to a website where the approval request estimate can be viewed, and then accepted or rejected.
  • Once the required credits are available in your account, and the estimated approval request is accepted, we will begin the work.      

Once submitted, how long will it take to complete my Development ticket?

We will do our best to meet the date specified in the approval request.  Your support analyst will follow up with the ticket and manage the flow throughout the development process.  The support analyst wiil be able to keep you up to date on the progress.

What if I have a problem not described in this article or need to change information I do not have access to in the support ticket system?

Log a support ticket as described above selecting the product "BackOffice System" to let us know you need our assistance in regards to the ticket system.

About the Author