Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Configured Geospatial Portal Template - Unable to configure

Hi,

For a customer project we are delivering a set of configured Geospatial Portal instances and we also want to provide them with the ability to create additional instances from a custom template copy of the configured Geospatial Portal instance.

I have been following the steps described under http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Developers-Knowledge-Base/MSBuild-Script-For-Creating-Cust...

In my test I am copying the contents of the Geospatial Portal Template Instance folder, editing application.xml (only <name> and <description> values). I am not using MSBuild in my test.

Within AdministrationConsole.xml I add an additional WorkflowNode with a unique label but leave the controller set as GeospatialPortalBase/Configuration. I restarted the Geospatial Server Administration Console Service and AdminConsole IIS AppPool. I then successfully created and ran my new custom instance type but when I 'Configure' the instance in the Admin Console GUI I only see a "Details" tab.

Is it possible to configure the copy of the Geospatial Portal instance template without running MSBuild?

Regular Contributor

Re: Configured Geospatial Portal Template - Unable to configure

I now realise I also changed the <type> parameter in application.xml to not read 'Geospatial Portal'. This is the cause of the Admin Console GUI not showing all the options.

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.