Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Copying a custom command application

Hello all Smiley Happy

I made a custom command application for GeoMedia, and I want to give a colleague a copy of it to be loaded on his GeoMedia, 

What are the requirements that must be on his device so as he can use this custom command.

I know he must have GeoMedia and GeoMedia Objects, But should he have visual studio in order to register the command? or .NET framework is sufficient?

Best Regards,

Khaleds

Technical Evangelist

Re: Copying a custom command application

Hi Khaleds,

first of all, you don't need to have GeoMedia Objects installed to run a command. GeoMedia (not viewer) is sufficient.

To install a command on another machine, you should copy the binaries along with the files <command>.xml (and <command>.ini), then register the assembly with the regasm utility with /codebase switch (this one is very important). And the regasm utility must be run from the proper location corresponding to your command architecture, so typically from "C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319".

Finally, you must register the command for GeoMedia using InstallAppCmd utility.

Pavel

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.