Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Super Contributor
Accepted Solution

Deploy java plugins for GMSC 16.5 Update 3 candidate

HI team,

Recently, we installed this version and do some testing. We have the application up and running. We follow the instructions from FAQ-GMSC 16.5 Update 3 document to migrate java plugins. When we deploy them, the GMSC application stops at downloading the plugin stage and stays like this forever.

GMSC Issue with loading java plugin.png

The plugin is checked and it is working, so we don't know what goes wrong.

Appreciate all ideas and suggestions

Kind regards,

Frequent Contributor

Re: Deploy java plugins for GMSC 16.5 Update 3 candidate

Hi Bob,

we haven't had this problem when we migrated and tested our plugins with the release candidate. Am I right that it is working once again if you remove the plugin from the plugin directory?

You could check the logfile of the AppLauncher here:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Hexagon\App Launcher\applauncher.log

You could try and delete (or temporarily rename) the AppLauncher's cache here:

C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Hexagon\App Launcher\cache

Maybe you can try and delete (or temporarily rename) the GMSC cache and try again.

Regards,

Sven

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Sven,

My plugin is tested and working fine in other versions of GMSC 16.5 such as 16.5.240.3If I remove the plugin, the GMSC app indeed starts working again. 

I check the app launcher folder, there is a log file but it doesn't output any useful information when the problem occurs.

App launcher location.png

For more convenience, I upload the Java plugin (unsigned and signed versions) and also the source code in Eclipse. 

Kind regards,

Frequent Contributor

Hi Bob,

your plugin is working fine on my system.

Maybe this is a similar problem with the AppLauncher and signed jars that I had. The AppLauncher didn't accept the CA of my jars. product center sent me a new version of the AppLauncher which resolved the problem:

http://filetransfer.intergraph.com/workflow/GET/KDA4NJOAQYM23649

You have to uninstall the AppLauncher on your client first and then install this one. Please try again afterwards.

Hope that helps!

Technical Evangelist

Hi Bob,

same for us. We are able to start the application with the latest App Launcher version.

Sep 21, 2018 7:00:37 AM FINEST: Load plugin: com.intergraph.nz.smartclient.plugins.DisplayCoordinateValuePlugin.DisplayCoordinateValuePlugin --> [pool-18-thread-24] com.intergraph.web.core.kernel.plugin.PluginCuratorFactory.loadPlugin

Please install the App Launcher from Sven's link. And I will talk with the my team if it makes sense to distribute a new Update 3 RC.

Best Regards,

Steve

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.