Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Edit attributes returned by Feature Info using Geospatial Portal API

Hi All,

is it possible to modify the response returned by Feature Info without overwriting it with a custom Feature Info handler?

For example, I would like to edit attributes returned by Feature Info but use default Feature Info handler to display them.

Thank you very much.

Denis

Technical Evangelist

Re: Edit attributes returned by Feature Info using Geospatial Portal API

Hi Denis,

Not sure if I'm fully following the request but you have basically two options:

1. Create custom feature info handler ASPX and provide your custom response while using standard feature info window
  2. Override the featureInfoRequested by $GP.events.featureInfoRequested.register(), manipulate the result data and display them using your custom function, such as your own ExtJS Window.

Have you checked following samples?

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Custom-Feature-Info-With-Handler/ta-p/447

https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Custom-Feature-Info-With-External-Service/...

Thanks,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Hi Jan,

thank you for your reply.

sorry, I am not sure how I can be more clearer. I only need to remove some attributes. I do not want to create custom feature info handler or create my own windows. I can but it is extra work.

I did search for possible solution but haven't found anything and I don't know if it is possible.

Thanks,

Denis

Technical Evangelist

I see. I'm not 100% confident if it is directly possible to manipulate the data before showing the standard Feature Info dialog. The featureInfoRequested has a parameter called transformargs, but it can probably work only with custom functions.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Contributor

Hi Jan,

yes, I did look at transformargs but, unfortunately, it only let you change arguments and only for custom feature info handler.

Denis

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.