Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

GMSC Java Plugins Debug

I want to debug Java plugins. Please help me!

Community Manager

Re: GMSC Java Plugins Debug

Hi ionutcib,

Pls. provide some more details on what you would like to achieve, what you have already tried and where you would need assistance.

Otherwise you won’t get any helpful responses.

Thanks,

Christoph

Christoph Rosenberger
Community Moderator
Christoph.Rosenberger@hexagongeospatial.com
Occasional Contributor

I want to run GMSC and I want to attach a debugger to the code and to put breakpoints inside the code in order to access variables.

Thanks

jai
Contributor

Hi,

1. Define Debug Configuration - Right Click on Project > Debug as > Debug Configurations.
  2. In the Debug Configurations Window > Double Click on Java Application on the left side panel.
  3. In the New_configuration – > In Main Tab > Check if your Project Name is correct.
  4. Type the Name of the main class as - com.intergraph.web.SmartClient.
  5. In Arguments Tab > Under Program Arguments > Type                                                                                                           codebase=http://{YourServer}/GMSC/                                                                                                                                                                 site=YOURSITE (default: GMSC)                                                                                                                                                                 ecwp.memory.max=256                                                                                                                                                                                   ecwp.cache.max=256
  6. Go to JRE Tab > Select Project JRE.
  7. Go to Classpath Tab > Click on Bootstrap Entries > Click on Advanced > Select Add Library > Next.
  8. Select GMSC_15 and click Finish.
  9. The GMSC_15 is displayed under Bootstrap Entries.
  10. Click on Apply and then Click Debug.

Cheers,

Jai Ram Gaur

Occasional Contributor

It seems that this is for Eclipse. I am using Netbeans. Can you help me with Netbeans also?

Thanks

Frequent Contributor

Hi, maybe this could help ... sorry, that this is just a part, but I have new computer and I have just Eclipse installed, so I can't try it, BUT ...

I also tried to develop plugins in NetBeans, but I left it after few days, because as I know, nobody from the development team uses NetBeans - so you will be alone and in case you need to share whole project with the development team - you need to migrate it to the Eclipse.

Actually, I would not recommend you to use NetBeans for GMSC plugins.

Jakub

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.