Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
New Contributor

Geomedia Professional Custom Command and Microsoft Entity Framework

Hello all

I have to develop a custom command for Geomedia Professional that must handle many database tables without geometry data on Oracle 12c.

Obviously there are also geometry tables managed directly by Geomedia.

I tried to handle the tables without geometry data with Microsoft Entity Framework 6.2 and Oracle.Managed.DataAccess as database provider downloaded with nuget inside VS2013 IDE.

Unfortunately, during execution of the macro, when the code tries to read the data, an exception is thrown that shows that Oracle.Managed.DataAccess.Client is not found

ex   {"The ADO.NET provider with invariant name 'Oracle.ManagedDataAccess.Client' is either not registered in the machine or application config file, or could not be loaded. See the inner exception for details."} System.Exception {System.ArgumentException}

I tried to copy EntityFramework.dll and Oracle.Managed.DataAccess.dl in variuos paths  (geomedia\Program, geoedia\program\resdll) but i have the same problem.

Is there any solution for my issue or do i have implement CRUD operations myself?
Thanks in advance

Best regards
Massimiliano

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.