Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Send a Client Request to a Server

Good day Community,

I would like to know if it is possible to Send Client side requests to a Server from an EML script, or if i have to create a procedure that calls in an XML script that handles the sending of the request? How would i go about creating the request?

Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

Technical Evangelist

Re: Send a Client Request to a Server

Hi, Marlin,

There's no built-in functionality in EML to send a client-side request to a server, but if you have the IMAGINE Developers Toolkit, you can create custom EML functions using C++.  https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Shared-Samples/Application-Function-DLL-imageGetGeorefere... contains an example of writing an ApplicationFunction plugin.

Occasional Contributor

when I try to open the solution on BitBucket it gives me an 'Access Denied' error.

Technical Evangelist

Hi, Marlin,

Your access to BitBucket should be fixed now.  Please let us know if you continue to have problems.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Additionally, do you perhaps know if Imagine developer toolkit 2018 can work with Visual Studio Community 2017, or do i need SDK specifically for that to be possible?

Technical Evangelist

Marlin,

The IMAGINE Developers Toolkit 2018 requires Visual Studio 2013.  Although we do not test with nor support the Community edition, it will likely work fine.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you. Do you perhaps have a video or a tutorial sheet on how to import ERDAS libraries into visual studio? Do I have to specify a path in the #include statement? 

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Marlin,

Have you looked at the TK_VER27_ERDAS.pdf (available from Introduction to IMAGINE Developers' Toolkit)?  Although this document is extremely out of date WRT the ERDAS IMAGINE version, etc., the concepts are still the same.  If you install the toolkit as specified in this document, the header files should be found without specifying a path in the #include statement.  If you install the toolkit elsewhere (or want to develop your project elsewhere), you should modify the C/C++ Additional Include Directories property for the project (as well as several other path-related properties).

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.