Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Developer Discussions

Discuss topics with other Hexagon Geospatial Power Portfolio developers and experts to get the most out of our products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

****URGENT need for info - Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry.

[ Edited ]

I am using the GeoSpatial SDK  sdk_portal-sdk-package-ep-16.00.0100 and am getting the messages below in my log file that i have turned on by editing web.config  when I try to use code to query a feature 

2017-04-26 21:57:41,751 [ 86] ERROR FeatureClass.GetFilteredRecordsetFromLibraryConnection() exception: Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry. - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureDataProvider}
System.ArgumentException: Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry.
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.PClient.DGMGeometryStorageService.GeometryToStorage(Object Geometry, Object& chunk)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureDataProvider.ApplySpatialFilter(GRecordset& recordset, SpatialFilterInfo spatialFilterInfo, Boolean applySpatialFiterPipe)
2017-04-26 21:57:41,755 [ 86] ERROR GetFilteredRecordset() failed - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureDataProvider}
System.ArgumentException: Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry.
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureDataProvider.ApplySpatialFilter(GRecordset& recordset, SpatialFilterInfo spatialFilterInfo, Boolean

The code works with an older version of the SDK.  What version of GeoMedia and Webmap should i have installed?  I am using Webmap Publisher data sources for my project.  I have moved my metadata into sqlserver but my warehouses are access databases.  I don't think there are any geometry errors in my features.  I saw that someone else reported this problem regarding Webmap.

My code is mainly variatios of the following:

function FindAddressNumber(address_number) {
document.getElementById('dialogbox').style.display = "none";
document.getElementById('dialogoverlay').style.display = "none";
iicount + iicount + 1;
var queryName2 = "Address_Number_" + address_number;

$GP.ui.info(queryName2);

style2 = new Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.WebClient.Platform.Style.SimplePointStyle(null, {
type: "SimplePointStyle",
color: "#ff0080",
size: 5,
translucency: 0.2
});

$GP.crs.setCurrent("EPSG:3436", function () {
$GP.queries.add({
queryName: queryName2,
featureClassId: "34644522FD66F454EFD7A34AC7AA1F373C41D430|MasterAddress",
url: "http://blahblahblah/JD1/MapService.svc",
applicationId: "jd1_geomediawebmap",
definitionName: "MapPublisher",
style: style2,
addToLegend: true,
filters: [
{
operator: "like",
operands: ["AddressNumber", address_number]
}],
},
function (result) {
$GP.queries.find({
analysisId: result.analysisId,
}, function (result2) {
result2.analysis.addToDataView();
});
});
});
}

Anonymous

Re: ****URGENT need for info - Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry.

Hi,

I worked a GM Desktop Programming problem with the same error.  It was fixed in the GM Desktop VERSION 2016 16.1 Patch 02.  This is version 16.00.0000.10281. So, this fix will also be in the latest Desktop patch available which is version 2016, 16.1 Patch03 (build 10290 ).

However, I am not familiar with the WebGIS side of the house with the Portal SDK and how a fix like this would be incorporated into the SDK.  We need a knowledgeable Portal SDK person to advise you regarding this. 

One of the easiest and quickest tests would be to install the GM Desktop  version 2016 16.1 Patch 02 from http://download.hexagongeospatial.com, install it, and then retest your program.

However, it could be that you need an updated version of the Portal SDK Package that would be built(?) or include this patch (?). 

Hope this helps some.

Kind Regards,

Carolyn

hbm
Staff

Re: ****URGENT need for info - Invalid geometry object; does not support IGMGeometry.

This is actually a problem in WebMap and the underlying GeoMedia Objects that are being used by its services. Not directly related to the Portal SDK.

I confirm that installing the latest GeoMedia 16 and patching it up on the machine that hosts your WebMap installation should make this issue in WMPS go away.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just saw your answer and i have upgraded to the following:   (scroll after picture for more info)

versions.png

and now i am getting the following whe i try to zoom to a parcel feature  (using the magnifying glass in the data window:

2017-05-04 00:05:11,159 [ 398] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}

System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.GeoMathSvc._GeoMathService.StrokeGeometry(Object InputGeometry, Object& StrokedGeometry)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromSingleGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometryBlob(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometryBlob, String destinationCrsId, GeometryStorageService geometryStorageService, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.GeometryGFieldValueProvider.GetValue()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.FeatureStubSet.get_Current()
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.TranslateFeatures(IEnumerable`1 sourceFeatures, Boolean includeGeometries)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters, String applicationId)
2017-05-04 00:05:18,719 [ 407] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80010105): The server threw an exception. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80010105 (RPC_E_SERVERFAULT))
at Intergraph.GeoMedia.GeoMathSvc._GeoMathService.StrokeGeometry(Object InputGeometry, Object& StrokedGeometry)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Geomet

I also get messages below when i try to zoom to a point feature

at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Utils.GetMapServerForApplication(String applicationId, String libraryConnectionString, Boolean clearMapServer)
2017-05-01 12:02:11,326 [1070] ERROR Session Identifier: urn:uuid:9849dcb2-612d-41f3-8206-8c966dcb01ee message: Error Get Legend by Application Id: JD1_GeomediaWebMap_Source. Error message: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component. - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Legend}
2017-05-01 12:02:44,759 [1070] ERROR Error while getting mapServer object for 'JD1_GeomediaWebMap_Source' application - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Utils

Regular Contributor

Thanks very much - can you tell me the exact version numbers of geomedia essential, webmap, and the sdk that i should have installed?  I am at the point now where if i run the sdk with buttons i've added to my sdk application to do a query of the demo Cities feature and then try to zoom to a located cityit works if i use a hexagon instance (ie one running on hexagon server) and the hexagon data source but fails if i use an instance and data source from my server.  It is very frustrating and i have posted the log file which is complaining about geometry regardless of what type of datasource i use - i switched to the demo source since i figured it couldn't have any actual geometry errors in it.

2017-05-09 12:44:50,874 [ 877] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromSingleGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometry(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometry, String destinationCrsId, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.GeometryUtils.FromGeometryBlob(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, Object geometryBlob, String destinationCrsId, GeometryStorageService geometryStorageService, GeoMathService geoMathService)
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Data.GeometryGFieldValueProvider.GetValue()
at

Regular Contributor

I had to install ep03 of GeoMedia Desktop 2016 and then after rebooting the magnifier zoom worked!

Do you need immediate support?
Please submit a Ticket through our
Development Ticket Portal.