Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

4-channel ECW in Apollo Essential

Hi!

I got a 4 channel ECW from a customer.

Editing the "default" Style I can change from normal RGB to infrared (as described http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/ERDAS-IMAGINE-Q-A/Displaying-4-band-images-as-RGB-in-ORIMA...

But if I use the ecwp within GMSC I always get the same result, no matter how I change the "default" style.

Looks like the style is only used within the Apollo Essentials console, or where is my mistake?

regards

Wolfgang

Re: 4-channel ECW in Apollo Essential

[ Edited ]

Hi Wolfgang,

The styling is not applied for ECWP. With ECWP, the APOLLO server just extracts the compressed packets from the ECW/JP2 file and send them to the client. The client is responsible for decompressing, reprojecting and styling the data. There is no processing on the server side.

So, if the client has no styling capability, you need to prepare first your ECW (choosing the bands, applying the stretch, etc.).

Florent

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: 4-channel ECW in Apollo Essential

Thanks for the quick reply!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.