Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff

ERDAS Apollo WCS output image format

Hi,

I have created a WCS service from Apollo Server 2016 using a tiff file.

Its DescribeCoverage

http://portal.ngis.in.th/erdas-apollo/coverage/GEOTIF1?SERVICE=WCS&VERSION=1.0.0&REQUEST=describeCov...

returns image formats..

<supportedFormats>

<formats>GeoTIFF</formats>

<formats>JPEG2000</formats>

<formats>IMG</formats>

<formats>ECW</formats>

<formats>NITF</formats>

<formats>DTED</formats>

</supportedFormats>

Is there any way to set output image format jpg or png while publishing WCS from Apollo? 

Thanks

Re: ERDAS Apollo WCS output image format

Hi ndiwedi,

Do you have the same behavior with all your WCS? Have you tried other data? I have checked some APOLLO installations and by default APOLLO advertises PNG and JPEG as well.

Have you done any particular provider configuration?

Out of curiosity, why would you like to use PNG/JPEG out of a WCS instead of a WMS?

Staff

Hi Flo,

I am creating WCS services using Apollo Data Manager 2016 EP04. I have used tif files for WCS service creation.

I have not done any change in provider configuration.

One of the customer need WCS connector in Geoportal so that he can add and view external OGC WCS (coming form ArcGIS) services.

WCS coming from ArcGIS is giving PNG as out put image so i can add this in Geoportal Map Viewer.

Apollo specific WCS is not giving PNG as out put image so not adding in Map viewer.

The Geospatial Portal doesn't support WCS.

If you create a WCS using sample data, do you have the same behavior (no PNG/JPEG listed)? for instance: C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\data\erdas-apollo\images\atlanta_landsat

Staff

Hi Flow,

I am using Apollo Professional 2016 EP04.

Which version of Apollo Server you are using?

I tried with sample data (atlanta_landsat) also as mentioned in your last reply but not getting PNG as output image format.

I am attcahing one tiff file for your reference. Please use Apollo Professional 2016 EP04 and try to publish WCS using my dataset.

Thanks,

Nitin

Right, I can see that as well.

I have the PNG/JPEG in APOLLO 2018 but not in 2016.

Please fill a support ticket so we can investigate a deeper.

Florent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.