Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to access 3D data from my Apollo catalogue

Hi!

I have Apollo Pro up and running and I also have a some HPC-files added to the catalogue.

Within the Geospatial Portal I can search my catalogue and display the data as a WMS.

Now I am searchin for the correct way to "export" 3D data. With "Clip-Zip-Ship" I only get som IMG, ECW, TIFF files.

Is there any way to export an hpc-file to display it in GeoMedia 3D, Imagine or any program?

regards

Wolfgang

Staff inactive

Re: How to access 3D data from my Apollo catalogue

Wolfgang,

The HPC format is really for display in the ERDAS APOLLO, or to stream into programs such as GeoMedia 3D or ERDAS IMAGINE that can read that streaming format.  We do not give an option at this time to output CZS requests as HPC files.  What you would need to do is make sure that the file you want is really cataloged as an HPC file (not as LAS but showing HPC) and do a direct download... this will download the original file to your system.

And CONGRATS on being the first person to post in the new ERDAS APOLLO Discussion group!

Contributor

Is there any way to export a different format? Maybe with a Geoprocessing available in the catalog?

My customer wants to organize his 3D data in Apollo, but he also needs to export the data for the construction companies working for him. They can't read hpc so it should be x-y-z files again.

Additionally it would be great if we could limit the exported data with a polygon :-)

regards

Wolfgang

Staff inactive

At this time...no.  For your situation, I would recomend that you catalog both the original LAS and the HPC files.  This would allow users to veiw the HPC files in those applications that support the HPC streaming... but then the customer could use the Clip-Zip-Ship functionality on the actual LAS file to download the 3D points... and with that they could use a polygon to define a particular area.

Contributor

Sorry for the long time without a reply.

i will try to add the LAS files also and use them for CZS.

thanks

Wolfgang

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.