Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS APOLLO & ECW/JP2

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

TOMCAT-server.log big file size

Hello, 

I'm crawling data which is approximately 7 GB in size. Then, i'm surprised that my C:\ drive storage is being full. Then i checked, i found my TOMCAT-server.log file is exceeding 140 GB. How could it be effecting log file? is it because my crawling activity or anyother reason of it? And is there any solution for bringing back my storage volume? i'm trying to open the log file on notepad and notepad++ but it can't because the size is too large. 

tomcat file size.png

Thanks.

Amalia

Technical Evangelist

Re: TOMCAT-server.log big file size

Is your tomcat log log4j configured as DEBUG? 

I am wondering if you can stop tomcat, delete/backup existing big tomcat log file, and then restart tomcat. Try to monitor the new log file and see what is getting recoreded in the log.

best

haiyan

Occasional Contributor

Re: TOMCAT-server.log big file size

Hello Amalia,

the only way to reset the log file is to stop the ERDAS Apollo Tomcat service and delete the file. You can configure the logging behaviour in this file:

c:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties

Per default each day a new logfile is created. You can reduce the log threshold changing the line

log4j.appender.file.Threshold=INFO

to

log4j.appender.file.Threshold=WARN

If you don't want a new log file every day you can use the RollingFileAppender instead of the DailyRollingFileAppender

log4j.appender.file=org.apache.log4j.RollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.file.file=C:/Program Files/Hexagon/ERDAS APOLLO/log/TOMCAT-server.log
log4j.appender.file.MaxFileSize=20MBlog4j.appender.file.MaxBackupIndex=10
log4j.appender.file.layout=org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.file.layout.ConversionPattern=%d %-5p (%t)[%c] %m%n
log4j.appender.file.Threshold=INFO

With this configuration a new log file is created if it is greater than 20MB. And only 10 of these log files are hold in your system, older log files are deleted by the logging framework.

Regards

Markus

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.