Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Visitor

Atmospheric correction

Dear all

Recenlty I managed to convert a DN image (Landsat 8) into a TOA reflectance image using in Spatial Modeler, the .gmdx provided by Hexagon. My question is, if I don't have ATCOR license; can I use any kind of atmospheric correction to convert a TOA reflectance image in a surface reflectance image?

Thanks!

Rubén

Staff

Re: Atmospheric correction

ERDAS IMAGINE does have a Rapid Atmospheric Correction tool, but it can only be applied to imagery with standard companion metadata files for supported sensor types - currently QuickBird-2 (MS 4-band), WorldView-2 (MS 4-band and 8-band), and RapidEye 5-band.

ATCOR for IMAGINE does support Landsat-8 OLI data.

Landsat 8 Surface Reflectance data is available from the USGS for free.

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Frequent Contributor

>Landsat 8 Surface Reflectance data is available from the USGS for free

Is older Landsat equally available as Surface Reflectance? Looks like you make an order and system outputs you the file later on. Any experiences has this process worked well?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I've been ordering a lot of Landsat data over the last 4 months, from 1987 through 2017, and have been able to get surface reflectance products for all of it (the Level 2 Option in the Earth Explorer-Datasets tab).....

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.