Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Auto load image pair (stereo analyst) is not working

[ Edited ]

Hello,

i'm facing a problem with the stereo analyst extension. More specifically with the Auto load image pair tool.

When it's enabled it should update the image pair atomatically when I approach the cursor to the edge of one pair with the other but this is not happening. So I have to manually choose the neighboring pair for visualization, costing me a lot of time.

I use ArcMap 10.2.1.

Thanks for the help

Mcdonnell

Staff

Re: Auto load image pair (stereo analyst) is not working

Hello Mcdonnell,

Please do not use the pan tool, which doesn’t move the ground point. If you use the ground point to move about the imagery it should all work fine. For example, click "Manually toggle 3D floating cursor", "Fixed Cursor Mode", and "Auto Load Image Pair" icons, and then press F3 to move about the imagery. I tested Auto Load Image Pair functionality and it works fine except when pan tool is selected.

The exact sequence is:

• Set up your project with several image pairs
  • Set the collect data tool (also choose fixed image or fixed cursor as you like)
  • Ensure that Autoload checkbox is set in the Options (stereo display tab).
  • Start driving the ground point off the edge of the current image pair using the 3D pointing device.
  • You should see the image pair change as you cross the threshold.
  • Please don’t try to use the pan tool – autoload was not designed to work with that tool.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

New Contributor

Hello Yasemin

I am also facing a problem with Auto load image pair in Stereo Analyst for ArcGIS.

Even though I tried what you commented, it never works.

I am using ArcGIS Desktop ver10.6 and ERDAS Extensions 2018.

I have 3 PCs and 3 licenses for each. All of them have same situation.

I need help in order to solve this problem.

Best Regards,

SUGITA

Staff

Hello,

I just tested Auto Load Image pair functionality on ERDAS Extensions 2018 for ArcGIS 10.6. It worked fine, and I used Extensions example dataset. Can you replicate the issue using our example dataset as well? Please submit a support ticket through our Support Portal and we will help you with this issue.

Best regards,

Yasemin

New Contributor

Hello

The example data you mentioned is “ERDAS Extensions 2014 Example data”, isn’t it?

Even though I tried with the example data, Auto load does not work…

Best Regards,

SUGITA

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.