Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Fast, focused and on demand. This self-paced video training will quickly get you the information you need.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Automatic Terrain Extraction with Dense Point Matching (eATE)

by Technical Evangelist ‎09-09-2015 12:08 PM - edited ‎03-07-2016 10:14 AM (3,488 Views)

Demonstrates how to automatically extract terrain data using Dense Point Matching (eATE) in IMAGINE Photogrammetry.

To view the script, click on the link below:

Comments
by cami
on ‎11-14-2017 12:25 AM

Great video, helped me a lot as I'm new to photogrammetry, however I'm having some problems with my research project.

None of my images are aligning, even the ones wtih 4 GCPS. ANd no output las file is being generated

TIe points

Image quality seems poor, but these are my tie points, and I managed to go through all of them, and they are all accurately placed.

trisummary

output.JPG

This is the output, and as you can see it is really bad. I have tried for just vegetation images and still can't get images to align despite working hard to get good tie point collection. Is there something I have missed.

by Dali
on ‎05-30-2018 12:19 AM

I think it is due to the quality and number of tie points extracted. As IMAGINE PHOTOGRAMMETRY does not use detectors like SIFT, SURF, not enough tie points are found. Having a great number of corresponding will increase the robustness of the registration of both image by getting the chance to remove outliers.

Courses
Contributors