Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

How to display MicroImage format in ERDAS

I have some images with .img extension, but are not readable in the erdas neither 16 nor 18. Gets an error as attached.

Each .img has supporting 3 files i.e DSPLAYD.FIL, DSPSTAT.FIL and README. Readme reads as below:

The format mentioined in readme is "MicroImage" as below. What is microimage format ? How to display/import it in ERDAS ?

PATH = 146
ROW = 299
EXPODATE = 950103 (YYMMDD)
Format = MicroImage
Header = 512
No. Lines= 5900
No. Sampl= 9000
File Type= BSQ
Scanner = SPOT
Band = 1

I have tried importing the imagery in ERDAS with various formats like ArcInfo & Space Imaging BSQ format, all kinds of Spot formats and Generic Binary with the about information in the readme file. Nothing worked.

Best Regards,

RSGIS

Staff

Re: How to display MicroImage format in ERDAS

A raster file with the .IMG extension does not necessarily make it a supported format for use with IMAGINE. From reading the description in your post, you will need to import this data into a supported format before being able to directly read it in IMAGINE. It seems you have most of the necessary file parameters to import the data using the Generic Binary Importer. Have you tried this importer using the inputs shown below, assuming the data is unsigned 8 bit.

gen_binary.JPG

Regards,

Jeff

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.