MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Learning at the Speed of Business:
Have a question but no time for formal training? Check out eTraining! It's fast, focused, and free!
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Subsetting an Image with a Shapefile

by Technical Evangelist ‎09-09-2015 11:34 AM - edited ‎03-07-2016 10:18 AM (3,045 Views)

Learn to subset an image using a Shapefile by using an existing vector polygon to define the output boundary.

To view the script, click on the link below:

Comments
by kansy
Thursday

Dear Ms Annoah,

Just as shown in your video,   I want to select the AOI polygon over the ratser image by clicking the AOI in the viewer to select it so that I am able to maybe tweak around with the border lines nad make it more visible for me. Then later save teh created AOI polygon somewhere so I can use it for a later use just as you have demonstrated.

But unfortunately after removing the shape file from the TOC pane, and then clicking the area where the AOI polygon was displayed , I am unable to select the AOI in teh viewer just as it is shown in the short video turorial. I do not know why?

I have been on this simple procedure since yesterday.

Out of frustartion, I used Arc Map to subset my Landsat image with a local government area boundary file by using the Extract by mask. I successfully got a sub setted AOI polygon of my area

But now I am having difficulties in importing the sub setted AOI from Arc into ERDAS

Thanks

Emana

Courses
Contributors