Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

fill spikes of DEM

I created a dem from a tri-stereo image and now i want to improve by fill the spikes and erase the traffic from roads. Is there any tool at Erdas Imagine that could help me?

Staff

Re: fill spikes of DEM

Hello,

You may use IMAGINE Terrain Editor (TE). There are extensive tools in TE to edit your DEM using stereo image pairs. In TE you can modify terrain points, use area operators, add breaklines or edit geomorphic paths. You may refer to IMAGINE Photogrammetry brochure at below link for more information on TE.

Imagine Photogrammetry Brochure

Also, please refer to Terrain Editing Tools on the documentation portal.

Terrain Editing Tools

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Vote for this tool also. I mean tool that fills holes of elevation data automatically so that it follows the edges of hole and smoothens area optimally no matter how big hole is. I think currently we have automatic hole fillings but they have a limitation in hole size. What I want is a tool that makes work as smoothly as it can no matter how big hole there is and then obviously user task is to be aware that such filling is done.

In Terrain editor manual interaction is needed and also in some cases you must have a photogrammetric project to get it running at all. So getting buldozers etc. tools out from terrain editor functionality for lidar based elevation data editing

Or do we already have tools like this??

I tried once Delta Surface Fill tool under Terrain - DEM Tools but got nothing sensible out from that trial. Wast that tool designed for this or something totally different=

timo

Occasional Contributor

Hello,

I tried to find out how it works but i can't find the way to add the DEM. It has inside the tri-stereo images and i cant find the way to put inside.

Best Regards

Manolis

Staff

Hello Manolis,

First you load the image pair to stereo window, simply drag and drop it to stereo viewer.

Then click on Terrain Files and Display Window.

Choose the terrain file and click load.

After loading the terrain, you will have the option to display points, contours, triangles and breaklines.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.