Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

how Breaklines are used in terrain editor?

Is there any way to import or to create breaklines with Terrain Editor (TE)? Or any manual that i can find the way to clear the road from the distortion that created from the moving items on road.

Staff

Re: how Breaklines are used in terrain editor?

Hello,

You can digitize breaklines in TE stereo window by selecting Breakline tool in Terrain Editing Panel under “Terrain Editing Tools” . You also can import breaklines in 3D shapefile format (*.shp). You will see Importer/Exproter if you scroll down in Terrain Editing Panel-> Breakline Tab.

Please go to IMAGINE Help Tab->Workflows. Click Photogrammetry Workflows scroll down and under Terrain Editor Workflows choose Editing a DTM. You will find workflows regarding editing terrain including using breaklines.

Also note that in each dialog you can click Help button for detailed information about a specific tool. Go to Terrain Editing panel in TE click Breakline Tab and click Help and read about breakline options.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Occasional Contributor

Hello,
I tried from the help to find out how i can import a break line shape file. 

First i load a DSM and in Terrain editing panel at Terrain Edit Tools the option of brake line is disabled (as you can see at the photo) so i tried to find a solution at Help and i found this as a tip: 

Tip: The options to import and export breaklines are disabled if a DEM is loaded in the Terrain Editor workstation.

and then i couldn't find a way to import 3D shape files. Then i tried without loading the DEM but every option was unable

Staff

Hello,

If you have loaded a raster DEM in Terrain Editor, you cannot use the breakline tool, it will be disabled. However you can use geomorphic tools. If you have a TIN format terrain such as Terramodel TIN (*.pro) or LTF (*.ltf, *.ltfx), you can load it in TE to digitize breaklines. You can also convert a raster DEM to a TIN using Terrain Prep Tool.

Best Regards,

Yasemin

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.