Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Executing Smart Client Search/Excel Output via Java Plugin

[ Edited ]

Hi there,

I have been asked to set up searches for every feature in a particular project so the users can output all of the data for each feature into Excel.

I know how to create a search that spits everything out, but is there a way I can create a plugin (or another method) so that the user doesn't need to expand the legend group>set the feature as active>click on Searches>select Search>select all in results and output to Excel?

I do already have workflows used for searching/zooming to features without the user needing to activate the feature, as it is all done through Javascript. Some of these include Excel reports, but the report setup changes number fields to text and adds report headers etc, which we wanted to avoid.

Regards,

Josh

Staff

Re: Executing Smart Client Search/Excel Output via Java Plugin

hi Josh,

how about a mixed approach? A workflow to:

1. search the feature
  2. select the feature and run a predefined query (workflow window may get closed)
  3. export to excel from datagrid

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Thanks Stefano,

So the export the Excel would still be a manual process?

Josh

Contributor

Could I utilise the AutomateExport action to export a datagrid?

http://smartclient.intergraph.at/documentation/AutomateExport

I am testing this but I am not sure what the alias is. How do I use this?

Josh

Staff

hi Josh,

yes, the export to excel will still be manual. About Automate please refer to the newer documentation:

https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/89vp1839pXX8FFRYLqStog/wa0GQrah7L7R0icUijX41g

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.