Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

GMSC 2015: workflow - A public action method 'SaveGeometry' was not found on controller

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I finally could display my form correctly but the save action is not working properly. It occurs 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. Altough, if I Edit a record will go back to the overview panel without error but it wont commit any modification.

I'm working with GMSC2015 and my form design is the following::

<Form name="EnquireForm" table="MY_TABLE" idfield="H_id">

<FormGeometry name="Geometry_SPA" layer="2" />

<FormTab name="EnquireTab" label="Details">

<FormGroup name="EnquireGroup" label="Enquire Details">

<FormField name="H_id" datatype="number" visible="hidden" />

<FormField name="FirstName" visible="form" />

<FormField name="LastName" visible="form" />

<FormField name="Comments" type="textarea" visible="form" />

</FormGroup>

<FormGroup name="MapGroup" label="Public Maps">

<FormMapViewer name="MapViewer" label=" " baseurl="http://servername/GMSC/Public/" site="GMSCTEST" project="MyProject">

<FormAction name="SetEnquire" label="Set Enquire Position" action="SCRIPT[IG.getItemById('MapViewer').activatePointDraw()]" image="ig-icon-new"/>

</FormMapViewer>

</FormGroup> 

</FormTab>

<FormAction name="Save" action="SCRIPT[IG.getItemById('MapViewer').saveGeometry().done(function(){IG.navigate();})]" visible="form" ></FormAction>

<FormAction name="Cancel" label="Cancel" action="abort" visible="form" />

</Form>

Cancel action is not working as well.. Am I missing something here?

(by the way is the tutorial of 'Standalone Workflows and Public Maps in GeoMedia Smart Client 2015' .webf file available for download?)

Unexpected Error

ExceptionA public action method 'SaveGeometry' was not found on controller 'Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.Extensions.GeometryController'.
ControllerGeometry
ActionSaveGeometry
StackTraceat System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) 
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

And for Cancel:

Unexpected Error

ExceptionA public action method 'abort' was not found on controller 'Intergraph.Emea.Workflows.FormController'.
ControllerForm
Actionabort
StackTraceat System.Web.Mvc.Controller.HandleUnknownAction(String actionName) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.b__1d(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState) 
at System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult) 
at System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState) 
at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() 
at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Thank you.

PS: Please remove the duplicated post as it is on a wrong discussion.

Occasional Contributor

GMSC 2015 : Standalone Workflow - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi,

I finally could display my form correctly but the save action is not working properly. It occurs 'Object reference not set to an instance of an object'. Altough, if I Edit a record will go back to the overview panel without error but it wont commit any modification.

I'm working with GMSC2015 and my form design is the following::

<Form name="EnquireForm" table="MY_TABLE" idfield="H_id">

<FormGeometry name="Geometry_SPA" layer="2" />

<FormTab name="EnquireTab" label="Details">

<FormGroup name="EnquireGroup" label="Enquire Details">

<FormField name="H_id" datatype="number" visible="hidden" />

<FormField name="FirstName" visible="form" />

<FormField name="LastName" visible="form" />

<FormField name="Comments" type="textarea" visible="form" />

</FormGroup>

<FormGroup name="MapGroup" label="Public Maps">

<FormMapViewer name="MapViewer" label=" " baseurl="http://servername/GMSC/Public/" site="GMSCTEST" project="MyProject">

<FormAction name="SetEnquire" label="Set Enquire Position" action="SCRIPT[IG.getItemById('MapViewer').activatePointDraw()]" image="ig-icon-new"/>

</FormMapViewer>

</FormGroup> 

</FormTab>

<FormAction name="Save" action="SCRIPT[IG.getItemById('MapViewer').saveGeometry().done(function(){IG.navigate();})]" visible="form" ></FormAction>

<FormAction name="Cancel" label="Cancel" action="abort" visible="form" />

</Form>

Cancel action is not working as well.. Am I missing something here?

(by the way is the tutorial of 'Standalone Workflows and Public Maps in GeoMedia Smart Client 2015' .webf file avaiable for download?)

Thank you.

Staff

Re: GMSC 2015 : Standalone Workflow - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Hi, 

I have attached the workflow definition.

You should upgrade your GMSC version, I remember there was a bug with Sql Server databases if I'm not mistaken.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.