Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

GMSC2016 Postgis geometry collection

I've configured a feature with GeometryCollection type. While Creating new geometry in gmsc2016 I'm drawing two polugons. Unfortunatelly, in database it is being saved as two separate records. So I have two questions:

1.Is GMSC2016+postgis supports geometrycollection ?

2.What can I do, to prevent user from drawing multiple objects, i.e. can I disable GE_NEWPOLYGON button when first geometry is drew?

zizu_15.png

Highlighted
Contributor

Re: GMSC2016 Postgis geometry collection

Hi!

1. As far as I  know PostGis does NOT support GeometryCollections, but
  2. What you want to save is a MultiPolygon, which is working. But you have to merge the 2 polygons (GeometryAction GE_MERGE) before you click save  in the edit-panel.

The only possibility to prevent the user to draw more than one polygon is by writing a GeometryValidator, which is called when you click on save in the edit-panel.

regards

Wolfgang

Frequent Contributor

Re: GMSC2016 Postgis geometry collection

Thanks for the answer.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.