Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

v15 trigger not working in v16

Hi,

We upgraded a GMSC setup from v15 to v16. After installation/upgrade noticed that the custom workflow triggers (which works perfectly in v15) are not working in v16. Other workflows (that doesn't involve custom trigger) seems to be working fine in v16..

So, there seems to be something particular about custom triggers in v16.

Error report is ERROR - Controller Trigger has raised an exception in Action FireData.
Intergraph.Emea.Ioc.ObjectLoadException: Cannot load type PlotLabelTrigger.
   at Intergraph.Emea.Ioc.ObjectFactory.GetExtensibleType(String typeAlias, IEnumerable`1 assemblies)...

*note : 'PlotLabelTrigger' is a custom trigger type present in a dll in the bin folder.

Is there some code change to be made to make this compatible with v16. ? The settings xml as below.

workflowsettings

-------

<WorkflowRoot xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="../XSD/Workflows/WorkflowSettings.xsd">
    <WorkflowNode id="10" label="Generating Dimensions..." controller="Form" form="RedlineCollection" follownode="10">
        <!-- Custom Trigger 'PlotLabelTrigger' to generate Plot Dimensions in a label feature -->
        <WorkflowTrigger name="PlotLabelListTrigger" type="PlotLabelTrigger" method="action">
            <Param name="PlotFeatureId" value="{REQUESTCONTEXT.PlotFId}" />
            <Param name="PlotId" value="{REQUESTCONTEXT.PlotId}" />
            <Param name="LabelFeatureId" value="{REQUESTCONTEXT.DimensionsFId}" />
        </WorkflowTrigger>
    </WorkflowNode>
</WorkflowRoot>

FormSettings, and error log is attached.

Staff

Re: v15 trigger not working in v16

hi Shameem,

have you updated libraries referenced in the custom trigger project and deployed the new dll in the workflow bin folder?

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Occasional Contributor

Hi Stefano,

That's something to try.. Will do that. Basically a recompile on the new version and then deploy the dll.

But to me it looked like maybe this feature is being made obsolete.. ? Coz, I opened the workflow in the new gui editor. I can see the existing trigger, but I don't see a possibility to add a new custom trigger. There's other types of builtin triggers shown like SqlTrigger, MailTrigger, etc.. but I donot see a way to add a new custom trigger. So, how does that work adding a new custom trigger in v16.

Thanks,

Shameem

Occasional Contributor

OK. That worked by compiling with new v16 dlls.

Now, if we wanted to add this dll function as a new 'custom trigger' into a new workflow, how do we do that ? In the  workflow editor I don't see an option for adding a custom trigger. https://hexagongeospatial.fluidtopics.net/reader/GF93vUUjwjRpcBCI9g_t8Q/Z9rHwT2tY4tRmaFqGSUr2A

Thanks,

Shameem

Staff

I think this is missing in workflow editor, please log a support ticket.

As a workaround you can always edit xml on the server to add your own trigger type="MyTrigger".

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.