Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Consume WMTS in GeoMedia 2016

Hello,

I added a WMTS warehouse connection to a GeoMedia workspace. I have supplied a configuration INI file with [SRS to CSF Mapping] record. After adding a layer from the WMTS to the legend only the bounding box of the WMTS is diplayed on the map. What else do I need to do so that the tiles are shown? 

Staff

Re: Consume WMTS in GeoMedia 2016

Depending on the WMTS it may be necessary to define one or more additional keywords and values in the Warehouse Configuration file (.ini).

Specifically you may need to specify these keywords with appropriate values for the WMTS:

[WMTS Area of Interest]

and/or

[TileMatrixSet for Feature Classes]

Also it may be necessary to zoom in to the area defined by the bounding box of the WMTS before the tiles are visible. 

if you continue to experience issues with the WMTS display after trying these suggestions, please file a Service Request and include the WMTS GetCapabilities URL so the issue can be researched further.

Technical Evangelist
Technical Evangelist

Also be aware that significant improvement to the WMTS data server is occurring with GeoMedia Desktop 16.1, in response to specific cases like yours that have been encountered with various sites, and reported.  We can always use more example cases to test our improvements, so I agree with Jonathan's remarks and would actually encourage you to submit your information quickly so that we can determine whether yours is a case that we have already resolved for 16.1.  - Hal

Contributor

Hello Hal,

I have already submitted a service request with more details.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi there

I have almost the same issue when requesting the WMTS in GeoMedia v.2016 built 10271 (v 16.1 +patch 1 from mid feb)

WMTS URL: http://maptiles.geotopo.ch/wmts

I would like to load the "Ortho_Rickenbach_4cm_tif"

I performed the ini.setup file steps described from @jmorris above, but no improvment took place.

Settings for [WMTS Area of Interest]:

TileMatrixSet=EPSG:4326
MINX=9.0375199336597
MINY=47.445325899093
MAXX=9.0505898456265
MAXY=47.456637116717

Output in GeoMedia (plus ini setup) & output in QGIS (no setup, simply I loaded the wmts and it instantly worked) are attched.

Any help?

Best regards from Switzerland

Philippe

btw: @zdravko is it possible to share the SR/CR number?

Contributor

Hello Phillipe,

I think  the value of TileMatrixSet in the INI file has to be the name of the TileMatrixSet and not the SRS. For example:

TileMatrixSet=Ortho_Rickenbach_4cm_tif

The SR is 1-1778607731 and is closed. The support people recreated a WMTS with some data from me on their side and confirmed that cannot consume it from version 16. However they were able to conume it from version 16.1 which at that time had not yet been released. I still haven't installed the 16.1 version and haven't tested it.

Best Regards,

Zdravko

Contributor

Hi Zdravko

thank you for your fast reply!

I tried your approach, but still no visible values/image...any suggestion?

Also ArcGIS can load it without any issues...

Best regrads

Philippe

Contributor

Hello Phillipe,

What value did you set for the TileMatrixSet?

I've just opened the GetCapabilities document of the WMTS which you would like to use and I think it should be WGS84, i.e.

TielMatrixSet=WGS84

And here is one last, a little desperate suggestion: try to reverse the values of MINX and MINY,  and MAXX and MAXY.

Best Regards,

Zdravko

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon Zdravko

First I treid TielMatrixSet=EPSG:4326 then TielMatrixSet=WGS84...with no success.

Also the MINX/MAXX change did not work out.

have you tried to open this in your GM?

ESRI and QGIS can open the file without any problems or interruptions....strange.

Is there a possibility to check the workflow when open the data in GM? Maybe there are some error...i tried to observe the the network flow with fiddler, but nothing special..

Best regards to you

Philippe

Contributor

Good Morning Philippe,

I have tried to open it in my GM without success, but my GM is an older version.

Maybe you have to log a service request too.

Best Regards,

Zdravko

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.