Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Re: Consume WMTS in GeoMedia 2016

Does anybody know how can I make GeoMedia respect the definitions set on the .ini file??

I tried to load a WMTS service but the data was not placed in the right position on the map.

GM_WMTS.jpg

I've checked service capabilities in order to find if there where multiple Tile Matrix Sets an then set up an initialization file to properly load the service. 

capabilities.jpg

I followed the instructions from Define Warehouse Configuration File wizard and specified the Tile Matrix I know that was correct:

[TileMatrixSet for Feature Classes]

Default=GoogleMapsCompatible

GoogleMapsImagery=GoogleMapsCompatible

However, GeoMedia ignores the definitions I've made...

I tryed to load the service into QGIS and it worked perfectly... it also has an GUI where we can select the correct TileMatrix instead of having to manually type it's name on a text file...

gui.jpg

Plus, according to the Define Warehouse Configuration File  description about TileMatrixSet option, "When no entry is available the TileMatrixSet for the feature class will be the first found TileMatrixSet for the layer in the GetCapabilities response", but in this service the first TileMatrix is the one named default028mm. I've loaded this TileMatrix on QGIS and it didn't have any positioning issues.

GM_QGIS.jpg

Contributor

anybody? :'(

Staff

[ Edited ]

It doesn't appear that the WMTS service shown in the screenshots is publicly accessible, so it is not possible to review your specific case.

However based on the information provided here are a couple of suggestions...

• Ensure that the GeoWorkspace coordinate system matches the coordinate system of the WMTS layer (i.e. make sure that it is set to EPSG:3857).
  • In the Warehouse Configuration File (.ini) for the [TileMatrixSet for Feature Classes] try specfying only the Default entry as shown below:

[TileMatrixSet for Feature Classes]
Default=GoogleMapsCompatible

If neither of these suggestions is helpful, please file a support ticket so the issue can be researched further.

Contributor

A year passed and I'm facing a similar issue again.

I've found this public WMTS - http://gis.sinica.edu.tw/worldmap/wmts - but GeoMedia 16.2 can't load the data even after seting up the .ini file. Actualy, before I set up the .ini GeoMedia couldn't even stablish the connection to the server...

QGIS can load the data without issues.

What am I doing wrong? Did I miss any configuration for the .ini file?

WMTS.png

Frequent Contributor

Hi bsouza,

what is the URL you are using to connect within GeoMedia?

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Contributor

[ Edited ]

HI Stefan,

the URL is http://gis.sinica.edu.tw/worldmap/wmts

GeoMedia can connect to the server and load the layer list but it can't display the data in the map window.

Tks,

Bruno

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.