Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Licensing Knowledge Base

Easily license Hexagon Geospatial desktop products using the License Manager .
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Unable to activate a license on Windows Server 2012

by SethChristopher ‎01-04-2018 11:39 AM - edited ‎03-06-2018 08:46 AM (3,183 Views)

Symptoms

Unable to activate a license on Windows Server 2012 with Error 51404 = flxActTransactionSend: GEN: Failed to send request. Unable to connect to server

Diagnosis

This problem is caused by TLS 1.2 not being enabled by default

Solution

To enable TLS 1.2 open Internet Explorer and go to Internet Options, under the advanced tab scroll down to security and check “Use TLS 1.2”

TLS.png

Comments
by amalia
on ‎06-02-2018 10:59 PM

hello,

i also have the same problem. After i add the activation ID and activate, it goes nothing for me. 

Capture license.JPG

anyone can help me?

thanks

by phudson
on ‎06-04-2018 06:41 PM

Make sure you have version v16.5.0.15 (or newer) of the 2018 Geospatial License Administrator.

There were some problems with the first release of the 2018 License Administrator.

2018 License Administrator is available here https://download.hexagongeospatial.com/downloads/other/geospatial-license-administrator-2018

by bsouza
‎06-05-2018 04:36 AM - edited ‎06-05-2018 04:53 AM

Also check if Windows is fully updated or if there's any pending update install/restart. 

by jdooley
on ‎06-05-2018 09:38 AM

After activation, the Activate Licenses window refreshes to a blank format as seen in your screenshot. This is an indication of a successful license activation. If activation fails, an error message may appear in the Status column next to the Activation ID that failed.

activate_error.JPG

After you close the Activate Licenses window, are licenses seen in the Geospatial License Administration window? If not, the problem may not be with license activation, but with the operation of the Intergraph Licensing Service. This may require a more detailed discussion of site preparation and other system properties. After following the advice of the previous contributors, submitting a Support Ticket is recommended to resolve the problem.

licenses_served.PNG

Kind regards,

Jeff

Contributors