Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Datasets missing, unable to create legends

After installation of the last M.App Ent. release I’m unable to create new legends and the ones I had are not working.

There is nothing showing in the datasets tab, as you can see in the image.

I’m sure content is still there and I can generate new vector data from database, but, even newly generated datasets won’t show.

no_datasets.jpg

Technical Evangelist

Re: Datasets missing, unable to create legends

I can't reproduce your error.

What is in the log file? Can you attach a screenshot of the datasets in CONTENT / VECTOR DATA?

Contributor

Sure, here´s the screenshot you asked and the error I’m getting in the logs:

Screenshot_3.png

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: La clave proporcionada no se encontró en el diccionario.
   [Details]
   MS_LoggedBy: System.Collections.Generic.List`1[System.Object]
   en System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(TKey key)
   en MApp.Endpoints.DatasetContentController.CheckVectorBounds(Dataset dataset, Dictionary`2 vectorDatasetMapping)
   en MApp.Endpoints.DatasetContentController.MapDatasets(IEnumerable`1 entityDatasets, Dictionary`2 vectorDatasetMapping)
   en MApp.Endpoints.DatasetContentController.<GetDatasetsByType>d__1.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   en System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpersExtensions.<CastToObject>d__1`1.MoveNext()
--- Fin del seguimiento de la pila de la ubicación anterior donde se produjo la excepción ---
   en System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
   en System.Web.Http.Controllers.ApiControllerActionInvoker.<InvokeActionAsyncCore>d__1.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<CallOnActionExecutedAsync>d__6.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Filters.ActionFilterAttribute.<ExecuteActionFilterAsyncCore>d__5.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Controllers.ActionFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Filters.AuthorizationFilterAttribute.<ExecuteAuthorizationFilterAsyncCore>d__3.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Controllers.AuthenticationFilterResult.<ExecuteAsync>d__5.MoveNext()
   en System.Web.Http.Dispatcher.HttpControllerDispatcher.<SendAsync>d__15.MoveNext()

Technical Evangelist

Do you only have Vector Datasets or also Imagery or Geoservices?

Contributor

I have images and geoservices too. Imagery seems to be working fine but my geoservices (generated from the missing vector sets) are not working either, they show up in the My Geoservices tab, but if I click edit I get a “Not Found!” message

Contributor

[ Edited ]

OK, so I´ve created a new tenant to test this matter a little bit further and it seems that everything is working fine with the new tenant, it is only the previously created tenants that are not working so I assume that some database update didn’t worked as expected during the update process.

I´ve tried to use the Repair option but that doesn´t fix the issue.  

Any ideas guys?, Still can´t use the system. 

Staff

[ Edited ]

for some reasons your tenants have probably not been upgraded. What is the database type? Can you check if this is relevant to your system? you may check also within the schema if you have the same list of tables of the new tenants.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

[ Edited ]

THX Stefano, I´ve already checked that the DB user has admin privileges, I even try using the main popstgres user with no results. About the databases they are indeed different, the old tenant DB is missing the following fields (I suppose they are the culprit):

"sx_app"
"sx_area"
"sx_area_role"
"sx_area_user"
"sx_datasource"
"sx_device"
"sx_device_user"
"sx_devicelog"
"sx_license"
"sx_shell"
"sx_track"
"sx_trackpoint"

Is there any way to run the update process so it will update the DB structure or maybe a way to fill the blanks ? I see in my new tennant that those tables are empty but not sure if it makes any difference.

Other difference I´ve noticed is that the old tenant mapp_config dbVersion is 1.2.5 and the new one is 1.3.0 ( changing that parameter does noting, I’ve tried)

Technical Evangelist

Do you have the extension already activated on the tenant DB's? If so the update will fail in the background. 

If a new tenant is working (with the same user I guess?!) and the old ones aren't updating I am guessing that it is the above mentioned postgis extension.

Contributor

I know that postgis extension is there now, but I cannot confirm that is was not there before. Tried uninstalling it and running the process again, resulting in vector sets not even showing in the vectors tab. It seems like the best option would be to start over from scratch

Spoiler
Smiley Sad

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.