Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

Server error on simple workflow

Ok, so... I made a clean install on my server with the new 2018 version, set up some content, created some browser apps (analyzer views) and all seemed to be working fine, until, I decided to run some workflows. I tried to rebuild some workflows I´ve made in the past and turns out I couldn’t make them work, ASP.NET error.

Tried then to build a simple workflow following the tutorial (https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/M-App-Enterprise-Tutorials/Workflow-Tutorial-Creating-a-B...). Just made some minor changes to fit the names of the tables in my database... Same result. Anything I try I get this error in the server logs:

System.Web.HttpCompileException: c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\workflows\d89ec411\bcd77455\App_Web_listheadertemplate.cshtml.5e279d63.2fi-z2kw.0.cs(65): error CS0103: El nombre 'nameof' no existe en el contexto actual
   [Details]
   Href: http://192.168.1.155:80/Workflows/List?workflow=WF_BuscarCliente_TP&lang=es&sessionid=89ed0629-507e-4a7d-95c8-99ae1d0ad7dd&tenant=BSI&nodeid=listaClientes&debugMode=true
   en System.Web.Compilation.AssemblyBuilder.Compile()
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildProvidersCompiler.PerformBuild()
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CompileWebFile(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile, Boolean throwIfNotFound, Boolean ensureIsUpToDate)
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean throwIfNotFound)
   en System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetCompiledType(VirtualPath virtualPath)
   en System.Web.Mvc.BuildManagerCompiledView.Render(ViewContext viewContext, TextWriter writer)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.ExecuteTemplate(HtmlHelper html, ViewDataDictionary viewData, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, GetViewNamesDelegate getViewNames, GetDefaultActionsDelegate getDefaultActions)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateHelper(HtmlHelper html, ModelMetadata metadata, String htmlFieldName, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData, ExecuteTemplateDelegate executeTemplate)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateHelper(HtmlHelper html, ModelMetadata metadata, String htmlFieldName, String templateName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Html.TemplateHelpers.TemplateFor[TContainer,TValue](HtmlHelper`1 html, Expression`1 expression, String templateName, String htmlFieldName, DataBoundControlMode mode, Object additionalViewData)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Html.EditorExtensions.EditorFor[TModel,TValue](HtmlHelper`1 html, Expression`1 expression, String templateName)
   en ASP._Page_Views_Shared_List_cshtml.<Execute>b__8() en c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\workflows\d89ec411\bcd77455\App_Web_list.cshtml.639c3968.2ornqwy-.0.cs:línea 0
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_0.<RenderSection>b__0(TextWriter tw)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.Write(HelperResult result)
   en ASP._Page_Views_Shared__SiteMaster_cshtml.<Execute>b__2() en c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\workflows\d89ec411\bcd77455\App_Web__sitemaster.cshtml.639c3968.npxmyg7i.0.cs:línea 0
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.<>c__DisplayClass42_0.<RenderSection>b__0(TextWriter tw)
   en ASP._Page_Views_Shared__RootMaster_cshtml.Execute() en c:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\Temporary ASP.NET Files\workflows\d89ec411\bcd77455\App_Web__rootmaster.cshtml.639c3968.0jylwj77.0.cs:línea 0
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy()
   en System.Web.Mvc.WebViewPage.ExecutePageHierarchy()
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.ExecutePageHierarchy(WebPageContext pageContext, TextWriter writer, WebPageRenderingBase startPage)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<RenderPageCore>b__0(TextWriter writer)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext()
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.<>c__DisplayClass40_0.<RenderPageCore>b__0(TextWriter writer)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.RenderSurrounding(String partialViewName, Action`1 body)
   en System.Web.WebPages.WebPageBase.PopContext()
   en System.Web.Mvc.ViewResultBase.ExecuteResult(ControllerContext context)
   en System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultFilterRecursive(IList`1 filters, Int32 filterIndex, ResultExecutingContext preContext, ControllerContext controllerContext, ActionResult actionResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.ControllerActionInvoker.InvokeActionResultWithFilters(ControllerContext controllerContext, IList`1 filters, ActionResult actionResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.<>c__DisplayClass3_1.<BeginInvokeAction>b__5(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncControllerActionInvoker.EndInvokeAction(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Controller.<>c.<BeginExecuteCore>b__152_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ExecuteCoreState innerState)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecuteCore(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Async.AsyncResultWrapper.WrappedAsyncVoid`1.CallEndDelegate(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.Controller.EndExecute(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.<>c.<BeginProcessRequest>b__20_1(IAsyncResult asyncResult, ProcessRequestState innerState)
   en System.Web.Mvc.MvcHandler.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult asyncResult)
   en System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
   en System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

Contributor

Re: Server error on simple workflow

Any idea guys?... still can´t make it work

Staff

Hi S.Fonseca,

I haven't seen this particular issue or error message before and I can confirm at least that existing and new workflows are running on my M.App Enterprise 2018 installation.

I wonder if you follow the tutorial you reference and use specifically the tutorial's attached dataset if you face the same issue?

You may wish to clear temporary .net files and the Java cache before trying again.

Contributor

Hi sclow.

I did as you suggested and set up the workflow using the provided datasets, cleaned the .net temp files and cleared java cache. Same result… Went in and checked the tmp file created bi the workflow call and It looks to me that is the ‘Localization’ that is somehow causing the problem. As you can see, the log shows that the error occurred do to ‘nameof’ not existing in the context in line 65. Well, line 65 contains the following:

Tuple.Create(Tuple.Create("", 412), Tuple.Create<System.Object, System.Int32>(ViewBag.Localization.LocalizeDefault(nameof(Resources.Workflow.ResetSorting))

Now, I´m not sure if that localization refers to the language tenants are configured or something else. My tenants were configured in Spanish and Management console shows that language as 24% translation status. Do you think it may be something in that direction?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

In my case I had some WorkFlow working before updating to 2018, now Enterprise shows the same error.

And my problem is on "Lists", Forms are working ok. 

Contributor

Hey sclow, I have good reasons to think that esalgadoe instance may be using Spanish localization too (right Erik?), if true, it´s too much to be a coincidence, there may be something broken with the Localization, could you guys have a look on this?

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, you are right. I am in Mexico, and all my configuration is in Spanish. 

Staff

Hi all,

there is a bug that has already been solved. We are going to publish a new release soon, if you need it urgently for a production environment please log a support ticket.

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Contributor

Apart from the fix that will come, I guess, in the next service pack, is there any way you´ll recommend to work around the issue?

Staff

there is no workaround unfortunately. The fix will be published next week, I will update this post when available.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.