Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

"Invalid User" when updating to M.App Enterprise 16.1 SP2

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I want to update MAE to the latest release 16.1 SP2 with M.App Enterprise.exe

I have a windows-user "MApp" who is also my warehouse-user, this worked fine in the past.

Going through the setup I come to a standstill when entering the "Warehouse User":

I get the message "Invalid user 'MApp'" and after trying it with 'Administrator' I get the same message (see attached file).

After this I checked my AD and passwords, everything seems to be fine.

So I stopped the setup from the latest release and tested "Modify" for the existing installation. Going through the existing setup, both users "MApp" and "Administrator" are accepted and the setup ends succesful. After this I retried the new setup but again I get the message "Invalid User" and I can't go further through the setup.

Anyone any idea?

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

Re: "Invalid User" when updating to M.App Enterprise 16.1 SP2

Hi Stefan,

Is the user local? If so, you should be able to proceed by not filling the domain name. I was able to do so on my VM installation.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

Hi Jan,

thanks! I didn't try this. Works fine now!

Regards

Stefan

GAUSS Ingenieurtechnik GmbH | Germany
Frequent Contributor

Thank you! I had just logged a ticket for this. This seems to be a change since last release, where you had to have '.' in domain name. 

Technical Evangelist

Thinking of this, perhaps the cleanest solution is to use either real domain name and if not available, then simply the machine name. I am actually not sure what would be the proper wildcard for non-domain use.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.