Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support ECW / JP2

The ECW (Enhanced Compressed Wavelet) and JP2 formats are standard compressing processes in many Hexagon Geospatial products. This discussion board focuses on the production and use of the ECW/JP2.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

GeoCompressor - Output Projection Distortion and Failure in Mosaicking JP2 files

[ Edited ]
Hello,

I've been unable to mosaic jp2 files using GeoCompressor. The process starts then stagnates at "validating input files" for long and eventually fails to mosaic. Also for some files that I mosaic, the output has a distorted coordinate projection. Anyone who has ever experienced the same and found a solution to please assist.

Regards,

Kevin.

Re: GeoCompressor - Output Projection Distortion and Failure in Mosaicking JP2 files

Hi Kevin,

GeoCompressor can't mosaic images that have different projections. Or maybe GeoCompressor can't read the projection information of some files and therefore it doesn't create the mosaic because it can't check it is the same coordinate system.

Have you checked the compression log?

Florent

Frequent Contributor

Re: GeoCompressor - Output Projection Distortion and Failure in Mosaicking JP2 files

Hi Florent,

Yes, the JP2 files I working with have the same projection and of the same area. The process takes time validating then fails.

Then, you have to check if the GeoComrpessor can read the projection info.

Check also the compression log.

Florent

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Florent,

When I try mosaicking the files, I get an error. Attached is the log. It talks of something to do with opacity channels. How do resolve this?

When I disable the opacity option, then I get another error indicating that "Unable to set system cache. Performance might be negatively impacted. Verify that current user has permissions to set system cache or run as Administrator" and the process fails, yet am logged in as the Administator.

Thanks,

Kevin.

Frequent Contributor

After sorting the sytem cache and apacity channels error, the process still doesn't complete and attched is the log.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.