Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support ERDAS APOLLO

Wondering how others have configured their ERDAS APOLLO server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

One big log file

Hi

Somewehere along the way our apollo server 15 configuration was changed and we now have one big log file for server logs

Its 1.7 GB is size so is a bit hard to scan

Can you let me know where to change that so that a rolling log is created every day, like it was before.

Thanks

Occasional Contributor

Re: One big log file

Any suggestions from anyone?

Technical Evangelist

I would try to re-configure Apollo, and let configuration wizard to reset any system files.

Maybe something goes wrong with your log4j, I attached mine, and you can double check yours.
C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\webapps\erdas-apollo\WEB-INF\classes\log4j.properties

best
haiyan

hm
Occasional Contributor

It should work and like haiyan_qu stated it is probarbly something wrong with you log4.properties . Howerver if you need to find something in the server log that is 1.5 gb or bigger use glogg it have no problem to open big files like that and search them

Occasional Contributor

Hi Haiyan,

i have compared your log47.properties and mine, and there are differences on :

Too chatty at INFO for production
log4j.logger.org.apache.activemq.transport.failover.FailoverTransport=WARN

# Log windows authentication
log4j.logger.waffle.spring=WARN
log4j.logger.waffle.servlet=WARN

do i have to delete those lines? i also try to re-configure, but on the resume before i terminate the configuration, stated that the configuration will not be reset.

apollo wizard resume.png

do you have any solution? it's so annoying because i was crawling for 7 GB data but the log file is exceed 100 GB. 

thanks

Amalia

Staff

I am not sure what the problem is but I have the lines you mention in my log4j.properties file and it works correctly.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.