MENU

Support ERDAS APOLLO

Wondering how others have configured there Apollo server or what data they are crawling? The ERDAS APOLLO Discussion board is a place to find information, share ideas and more. Join the community, connect, contribute and share.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Shapefiles automatic crawling

Dear all,

I'm trying to automatically crawl vectors (shapefiles) using the data manager. When I click on "add resources" and add my shapefile, the job (crawling) ends with no errors but I can't see te vector data in the dataset.

I'm using Apollo 16.1

The same thing happens If I crawl an entire folder, Apollo add to the catalogue the images in the folder but not the vectors. How can I solve the proble?

Here uou can download the shapefile:

http://out.planetek.it/New_Scotia_OSM.zip

Thank you.

Staff

Re: Shapefiles automatic crawling

Hi gmaldera, 

The problem is with the attached shapefile. Export it again through Erdas Imagine or any other software which creates standard shapefile. 

Nowadays there are custom files comes with shapefile which makes it unreadable. I have attached the screenshot for your reference. 

Thanks,

Pranav kumar

Frequent Contributor

Thank you Pranav,

I am working with Geomedia shapefiles and Imagine shapefiles, but it does not work.

Regards

Frequent Contributor

Dear Pranav,

I tried also with the demo shapefile ‘futurelanduse” (copying it from C:\Program Files\Hexagon\ERDAS APOLLO\data\erdas-apollo\shapes\atlanta  in my folder and then crawling my folder).

Also using this data the crawling does not work

Thank you

Regards

Frequent Contributor

This is from the log file:

2017-02-22 10:17:04,629 ERROR (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-3)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.FileHandler] Unable to decode file \\lamu\share\test\futurelanduse.shp

com.erdas.apollo.exception.ApolloException: Unable to decode file \\lamu\share\test\futurelanduse.shp

at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.FileHandler.handle(FileHandler.java:125)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.VectorFileHandler.handle(VectorFileHandler.java:87)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.VectorFileHandler.handle(VectorFileHandler.java:32)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy76.handle(Unknown Source)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.DecoderServiceImpl.decode(DecoderServiceImpl.java:90)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at org.springframework.aop.support.AopUtils.invokeJoinpointUsingReflection(AopUtils.java:317)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.invokeJoinpoint(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:190)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:157)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor$1.proceedWithInvocation(TransactionInterceptor.java:99)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionAspectSupport.invokeWithinTransaction(TransactionAspectSupport.java:281)
at org.springframework.transaction.interceptor.TransactionInterceptor.invoke(TransactionInterceptor.java:96)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.ReflectiveMethodInvocation.proceed(ReflectiveMethodInvocation.java:179)
at org.springframework.aop.framework.JdkDynamicAopProxy.invoke(JdkDynamicAopProxy.java:207)
at com.sun.proxy.$Proxy75.decode(Unknown Source)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.DecodeDatasetTask.decode(DecodeDatasetTask.java:167)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.DecodeDatasetTask.doExecute(DecodeDatasetTask.java:131)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.DecodeAndRegisterTask.doExecute(DecodeAndRegisterTask.java:161)
at com.erdas.apollo.job.Task.execute(Task.java:104)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.CrawlFileSystemProcess.crawlFiles(CrawlFileSystemProcess.java:298)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.CrawlFileSystemProcess.addResources(CrawlFileSystemProcess.java:318)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.CrawlFileSystemProcess.execute(CrawlFileSystemProcess.java:202)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.CrawlFileSystemProcess.execute(CrawlFileSystemProcess.java:58)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.FileCollectionCrawler.execute(FileCollectionCrawler.java:106)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.process.directory.FileCollectionCrawler.execute(FileCollectionCrawler.java:33)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.crawling.CrawlerServiceImpl.crawl(CrawlerServiceImpl.java:53)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob.doExecute(ApolloServiceRunnerJob.java:452)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob.execute(ApolloServiceRunnerJob.java:148)
at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:202)
at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:573)
Caused by: com.erdas.apollo.exception.ApolloException: java.net.UnknownHostException: edl-qa-vm
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.cgp.CGPDecoderHelper.GetDecodingResponse(CGPDecoderHelper.java:320)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.cgp.CGPDecoderHelper.GetDecodingResponse(CGPDecoderHelper.java:91)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.cgp.CGPFileDecoder.buildResource(CGPFileDecoder.java:79)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.cgp.CGPFileDecoder.decodeData(CGPFileDecoder.java:50)
at com.erdas.apollo.dataaccess.decoder.BaseDecoder.decode(BaseDecoder.java:77)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.FileHandler.handle(FileHandler.java:123)
... 48 more
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: edl-qa-vm
at java.net.AbstractPlainSocketImpl.connect(AbstractPlainSocketImpl.java:184)
at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:172)
at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:392)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:589)
at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:538)
at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:180)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:432)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:527)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:211)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:308)
at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:326)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:1169)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect0(HttpURLConnection.java:1105)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:999)
at sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:933)
at com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.cgp.CGPDecoderHelper.GetDecodingResponse(CGPDecoderHelper.java:137)
... 53 more
2017-02-22 10:17:04,629 INFO (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-3)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.DecodeAndRegisterTask] rejected file '\\lamu\share\test\futurelanduse.shp' as it is not a coverage
2017-02-22 10:17:04,879 INFO (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-3)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob] Job CrawlerService#crawl--1142134966 end time : 2017-02-22 10:17:04.879
2017-02-22 10:17:04,879 INFO (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-3)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.scheduling.job.ApolloServiceRunnerJob] Job CrawlerService#crawl--1142134966 completed in 00h:00m:02s

Frequent Contributor

Anu news? Is it a bug?

Thank you

Technical Evangelist

No issue for my Apollo 2016 EP02 with your shapefile, Apollo crawl the shapefile and render it fine without any issue. 

Staff

Hi all,

I'm experiencing the same issue. The error is pretty similar:

2017-02-22 12:27:25,015 ERROR (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.decoder.FileHandler] Unable to decode file C:\Warehouses\testapollo\yuma_osm.shp

com.erdas.apollo.exception.ApolloException: Unable to decode file C:\Warehouses\testapollo\yuma_osm.shp

Caused by: com.erdas.apollo.exception.ApolloException: java.net.ConnectException: Connection timed out: connect

2017-02-22 12:27:25,015 INFO  (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.DecodeAndRegisterTask] rejected file 'C:\Warehouses\testapollo\yuma_osm.shp' as it is not a coverage

2017-02-22 12:27:25,031 INFO  (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[com.erdas.apollo.dmbl.tasks.GenerateISOMetadataTask] Generating ISO 19139 metadata document using the ISO template writer...

2017-02-22 12:27:25,031 ERROR (quartzSchedulerFactory_Worker-2)[com.erdas.apollo.dataaccess.metadata.writer.TemplatedISO19115Writer] Error while trying to create metadata file

java.lang.NumberFormatException: For input string: "ERDASAPOLLO_longitude(west)"

Any hint?

thanks,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi Gmaldera,

Can you please confirm if you have exported and performed reprojection through Imagine, It's working with both Apollo 15-EP05 and Apollo 2016 EP02. Please share the details for more info and also check the folder permission. 

Regards,

Pranav

Frequent Contributor

I have exported shapefile using ERDAS IMAGINE, it does not work. The shapefiles are ok, in fact, if I use the shapefile with the "create service" tool it works (I have a correct wms). The problem is in the crawling.

I think that it is not related with a problem of folder permission, because in the same folder I have other data (rasters) that Apollo crawls with no problem.

I'm working with Apollo 16 EP01

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.