Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

Batch Processing Problem with Spatial Modeler

[ Edited ]

May I know the Spatial Modeler has the capability to run batch files or not in some analysis. Currently, we’ve tested to check void data in the raster images using spatial modeler with the certain parameter settings and at the end of the process, the shapefiles layer indicated the void area is generated. We try to run multiple image files but failed. It stuck in the convert to feature operation. Further info about the detailed workflow, please refer to attached file.

Please advice. Many thanks.

Regards,
Munirah Shaffie

Staff

Re: Batch Processing Problem with Spatial Modeler

Hi Munirah,

If you want to run your spatial model in a batch process I would advise you to use Port Input operators connected to the Raster Input and Features Output operators. The Port Input operators will allow you to choose all of your input image files and edit the variable naming pattern for the corresponding output Shapefiles using the Batch Command Editor.

convert_to_features1.png

Regards,

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Frequent Contributor

Re: Batch Processing Problem with Spatial Modeler

[ Edited ]

And another comment is that Raster to Vector conversion is bit delicate for input feeded. If input file is not really thematic etc. weird things can happen. So to run a process like this succesfully in batch you must be absolutely sure that all data feeded to batch is really what it should be. Error messages system gives might give you some hint what went wrong.

And my favourite thing as always. Your input seems to be a tif. Try running same process when converting some files to .img before the process.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.