Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Question about an error...

[ Edited ]

I have ERDAS Imagine 16.00 here that I have an error.

This error was in the AutoSync and when I did all the GCP for a few of the images. When I click on an image to run the APM and it gave me the error.  Said Model can not be solved so I clicked on Ok .

So what does the error mean ?

Ram
Occasional Contributor

Re: Question about an error...

Hi Robert,

As per your query, you given GCP on few images any try to run APM(Automatic Point Matching).

This error due to no GCP and Tie on few non-georefrenced images-

1. As i assume, you are following process for Georefrencing process. So i suggest you to provide GCP points(Min.3) on all images.

2. AS i assume, you are following process for Edge Matching process, so i suggest you to provide Tie points (Min. 3) on all images. 

Thanks,

Ram

Contributor

First of all, I did use 6 GCP for each image I have. I have 8 unreferenced images. The first time I did use 6 control points for each image and then when I hit the APM and check for the results.

So when I did that then I made a few delete GCP and would run APM again. Some of them showed me the RMSE as a 0.00.  I assumed that I would have to go back and try to get them to at least 6 points. Even though some of the image showed me their RMSE numbers like 28.87,  24.25  so just a few of the images showed me 0. 

Occasional Contributor

Did you make sure that the right file was selected in the TOC? I've done that before. So many things to remember.

Contributor

Do you mean select a file on the list and highlight and save them when I performed the 6 GCP ?

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Yes, to make sure they were saved to the right file and also that the corresponding GCPs were not recorded into the wrong row. It's so easy to record them wrong if you miss a click. Smiley Very Happy That's all I can think of. Hope you find the error. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.