Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support ERDAS IMAGINE

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Staff
Accepted Solution

Spatial Modeler - Subset to many

I have an image and a shapefile with multiple polygons.

I would like to subset the image into each of the polygons.

How can I do this in Spatial Modeler?

I know I can do this with an AOI, but this requires manually converting the .shp to .aoi. I really need this to be automated...

Frequent Contributor

Re: Spatial Modeler - Subset to many

Something like this?

Regards

Staff

Thankyou Noel,

This is close to what I am after, however I require the final result to be multiple individual images. Whereas this is outputting all of the subsets to one image.

Frequent Contributor

The least computational approach may be to use an Iterator to yield a clip an image under each feature. You might have to use the CreateTempFile op within the Iterator.

If you're adventurous,  you could push multicolor imagery through a RasterInput with type set to u1, and pipe that bitonal image through Clump. Following the customary Clump and Sieve recipe, either use a predefined set of Lookups to extract each clip or use an Iterator.

It's late here on the west coast and haven't tried those, but it is an interesting problem. Keep us posted if you find a solution.

Regards

Technical Evangelist

Noel is on the right track about starting with the Subset Image by Polygonal Geometries model and adding an Iterator.

Give the attached model a try.

ag

Is there a modeler file in the old version *gmd? I can´t opend this *.

Larry wrote:

Noel is on the right track about starting with the Subset Image by Polygonal Geometries model and adding an Iterator.

Give the attached model a try.

gmdx file.

Staff

Larry’s spatial model is only available as a *.gmdx file. The techniques used in his spatial model cannot be utilized in the old graphical Model Maker. I would recommend that you upgrade to ERDAS IMAGINE 2016 so that you can take advantage of the Spatial Modeler and everything that it has to offer.

Kind regards,

Stephen Bent
Hexagon Geospatial Support

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.