Hexagon Geospatial

Discuss and share topics of interest using ERDAS IMAGINE the world’s leading geospatial data authoring system.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor
Accepted Solution

Spectral Profile of Panchromatic Data DMSP-OLS

I'd like to get a spectral profile of light values with DMSP-OLS data, but it's panchromatic. I need more than one layer to do this. I ended up stacking the same raw image data to get 2 layers in order to draw a spectral profile within the light areas. It worked, but should there be anything I need to consider when doing this? I had really good variation in profiles. Thanks.

Re: Spectral Profile of Panchromatic Data DMSP-OLS

The Spectral Profile tool only works with multi-layer data because it is plotting the pixel value (Y-axis) against the band number (X-axis). The Inquire Cursor will essentially report the same information but in tabular form instead of a chart and the Inquire Cursor will work with single-layer or multi-layer data.

Have you considered using the Spatial Profile tool? It uses a polyline instead of a point and it reports the pixel values that fall under the line instead of a point. The Spatial Profile tool also allows you to view statistical information in tabular format (View menu > Tabular Data) and you can link the profile plot to the active View and the tabular data (View menu > Link Chart).

Stephen Bent

Hexagon Geospatial Support

Occasional Contributor

Re: Spectral Profile of Panchromatic Data DMSP-OLS

I think for what we are doing the Inquire cursor will work just fine; but either are great options.Thank you so much!

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.