Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor
Accepted Solution

How to add new geometry

Hi,

I've configured a form in GMSC 2016, which contains GE_NEWPOLYGON geometry action. How can I run this action?

zizu_4.png

Staff

Re: How to add new geometry

[ Edited ]

Hi mzebrows,

A FormAction button is required to use the Geometry Action.

here is example I use to capture a new point geometry

IG.captureGeometry()

Capture.PNG

and how it looks in FormSettings .xml

<FormAction name="CaptureGeometry" label="CaptureGeometry" editable="true" visible="true" action="SCRIPT[IG.captureGeometry()]" />

here is a link to more information on this and more ways to interact with GMSC directly using script actions

Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok, but what the MyDigitize() function is doing?

Staff

Yes of course this should be explained. I used too personal an example in my previous reply.

I have updated now the reply to reflect the default way to accomplish this. Please see that post for the information I provide.

Contributor

Ok, Now I understand.

But is it possible to call creating/editing geometry without a form that have Table field filled?

I mean is it possible to create an action that calls geometry operations without form?

zizu_6.png

Staff

As far as I know this is not possible.

You can have a form that doesn't have visible fields (ID field must be present, but can be hidden) and only the configured FormAction button, but this FormAction has to be defined in the form.

Highlighted
Staff

[ Edited ]

Hi,

it is possible even if not recommended, please check this post. You may check if database redlinining is relevant to what you want to achieve.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.