MENU

Support GeoMedia Smart Client

GeoMedia Smart Client community discussion board is where you can create, contribute and share information and knowledge in regards to configuring as well as working with GeoMedia Smart Client. Find your answers, share your knowledge and help build a strong GeoMedia Smart Client community.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Obtain a Role value via SSO user

Hi,

Is it possible, via a session variable to get the role of a user – when the user is accessing via SSO (and there is no entry for them in the users table)?

Thanks

Ciaran

Staff

Re: Obtain a Role value via SSO user

The role value will be captured in the 'SEC_SESSION' table under the name 'SEC_ROLE.NAME' with a sessionvalue equal to the role used during the SSO log on.

HTH

Contributor

Hi,

When I sign on as SSO the SEC_ROLE.NAME is not appearing in the SEC_SESSION table.

Thanks

Ciaran

Staff

Ciaran,

Indeed you are correct. The SEC_ROLE.NAME appeared for me simply because I was editing that role just prior to testing the SSO and SEC_SESSION persisted the value. Upon further review I as well get same result as you via SSO, the SEC_ROLE.NAME is not appearing in the SEC_SESSION table attached to the SSO login.

You may get additional replies via this thread, but I recommend opening an SR to have the support team investigate this further. 

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.