Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support GeoMedia

Search for an answer, post a question, or answer other users' questions in our GeoMedia support discussions. This discussion board is a great way to collaborate with industry peers around the world. It is intended for discussion and support of the GeoMedia Desktop and Add-on applications.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Contributor

Layout Window

Hi, 

Is there any way to change dynamically the text in the layout window based on a location in the map window ? For example, I need to set the name of the village in the layout window based on the name of the village in which falls its relative map window.

If it doesn't exist, I hope it will be taken into consideration in the next version release cause its very practical for printing. Same can apply for the scale of the map(as text) and the date of printing out.

Thank u 

Phoenicia

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: Layout Window

If you mean during batch plotting, then look at Variable Text String Substitution in the help. We recently used this to plot incident areas with each plot having text dynamically updated to display attribute values from the features in the map window.

Contributor

Hi,

No, I didn't mean batch plotting, I meant if its possible to do it directly from the layout window ?

Phoenicia

Community Manager

Hi Phoenicia,

This feature is not implemented yet.

I would suggest you to submit this idea in the Ideation section (https://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Product-Ideas/idb-p/ProductIdeas). So the team will be aware of your request and the other users can vote for it if they are interested too. The other possibility would be to create a development ticket (HGDN credits).

Florent

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.