Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Staff

Setting the scale for Query results

Is there a way for setting the default scale of the map window when a query is run. For example, I want the map to be set to 1:1000.

When I run a query on a point feature it automatically sets the scale to 1:2

Staff

Re: Setting the scale for Query results

Jonny,

I dont have a great answer to your question, but I can comment that when I execute a query against a point feature my results are always keeping the scale in the map window as it was prior to executing the query. In that the first query result gets fit at this scale. I am not seeing the 1:2 you mention. If I want result to fit at 1:1000 I set scale to 1:1000 and then run query.

Staff

Thanks for your answer!

I think I have figured out why this happened to me. I had a scale restriction of 0 - 150000 on the point layer. The map was out of that range when I performed the search. I guess it couldn't retain that scale level and display the result so it zoomed to a level it could display at and it chooses 1:2.

This might be better for display purposes at the other extreme of the visible scales eg 150000, or mid-way between 75000Thoughts anyone?

When I removed the scale restriction on the feature the scale stayed as it was after the query had run.

Staff

Further to this - I just tested putting a lower scale range on the feature: 1000 - 150000, thinking the map display now at 1:1000 if the query was run with a current map scale out of the display range.

Unfortunately, it didn't - it jumped to 1:2 and the result of the query was not visible as it is still outside of the range set up on the feature.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.