Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
New Contributor
Accepted Solution

Show a PDF in MAE Desktop Workflow

Hi there,

how can I show a PDF linked to a vector? I started out with a workflow and there I added a row action. When clicking it , the only way I got to show the PDF to the user was to use PDF.js and use the "browser" of MAE Desktop via a window.open() JS call. This doesn't work that well either (crashes a lot, PDF not displaying correctly).

In the release notes for 16.1SP4 under issues resolved there is CR# 00027686 listed which concernes "Download and open file not working in workflows".

From there I thought: Is there a better way to display PDFs in the Desktop Workflow? Opening the file in the system native app from a network drive would be most preferred, but any other way that works everytime would be much appreciated.

Kind Regards

Christian Arnold

Staff

Re: Show a PDF in MAE Desktop Workflow

Hi Christian,

there are several ways you can implement it, please check the following tutorial for a list of methods provided by the API:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/M-App-Enterprise-Tutorials/Javascript-API-in-Desktop-M-App...

About the crash, please check the version of Java you are using, there is a known issue described here:

http://community.hexagongeospatial.com/t5/Support-M-App-Enterprise/Warning-Java-8u161-amp-Java-8u162...

The best option at the moment is Java 8u172.

HTH,

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
New Contributor

Re: Show a PDF in MAE Desktop Workflow

Thanks Stefano, 

this was exactly what I've been looking for. Works like a treat!

Regarding the crashes: I tried 8u172 on an older 16.1 (I think SP2?) and it still crashed, have to try it with SP4 again. But now that I'm using the Desktop browser like it's supposed to it wont crash anymore.

Kind Regards,

Christian

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.