Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support M.App Enterprise

Discuss topics with other M.App Enterprise Product pioneers and experts to get the most out of it.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Use of GeoMedia WebMap WFS as Feature Data Web Service

A GeoMedia WebMap WFS can output data in a GeoJSON format.

Should I be able to define a GetFeature call to a WFS feature in GeoJSON output format on the Data Sources tab of a Feature Analyzer app?

As both products are released by Hexagon Geospatial I hope this has been tested already and someone can offer advice on getting this setup? Smiley Very Happy

Thanks,

Colin

Regular Contributor

Re: Use of GeoMedia WebMap WFS as Feature Data Web Service

Now having tried this myself, it doesn't appear to accept the GeoJSON returned from the WebMap WFS.

I am using these parameters on the call to the WFS:

SERVICE=WFS&REQUEST=GetFeature&VERSION=1.1.0&typename=gmgml:randompoints_4326&NAMESPACE=xmlns%28gmgml=http://www.intergraph.com/geomedia/gml%29&outputFormat=application/vnd.geo%2bjson

The data is returned in EPSG:4326. I checked in browser developer tools that the correct HTTP call is made to the WFS and it receives a HTTP 200 status code.

The WFS and M.App Enterprise implementation is running on the same server and both are accessed over HTTPS using a CA server certificate.

I will log a support ticket. Would be nice to hear from someone else who has tried this.

Thanks,

Colin

Staff

Hi Colin,

it should work. On the cloud it has been already tested with new GWM WFS.

Can you post output of your GetFeature call?

Stefano

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Regular Contributor

See attached

Staff

not sure if this is the issue but I see your geometry is a collection of points. Can you simplify it to making it a simple point?

You can also check in the browser console for any error.

Stefano Turcato
Presale Engineer
Hexagon Geospatial
Staff

Hi Colin,

Can you add EPSG 3857 to WFS and try again? Analyzer Views only works in EPSG 3857 and it looks like your WFS is returned in EPSG 4326 as you mention.

Regular Contributor

Ok I've made these changes to the WFS:

1. Ensure geometry is no longer a Point Collection
  2. Changed CRS to 3857
  3. Renamed attribute containing geometry from 'Shape' to 'Geometry'

Still no change with the error when connecting. Here is a same GeoJSON record for the data:

{"type": "FeatureCollection", "crs": "EPSG:3857", "features": [ {"type": "Feature", "id": "randompoints.1", "properties" : {"Burst_Density": 9, "MR": "102", "OID": 1, "mDMA": "102"}, "geometry": { "type": "Point", "coordinates": [-512853.16914917, 6594532.51654545]}} ], "bbox": [-512853.16914917, 6594532.51654545, -512853.16914917, 6594532.51654545] }

Am I missing some required attributes that Feature Analyzer is expecting? I see nothing in the documentation about the required structure of the data, only that it is in json format.

Thanks,

Colin

Technical Evangelist

Hi Colin,

If you're connecting to Feature Analyzer / M.App Enterprise through SSL/HTTPS, you'll also need to make a SSL/HTTPS connection to your WFS service. 

Hope this helps,

Dave

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Development Ticket through our Development Ticket Portal.