Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Consumer Portal 16.5 WMPS search plays up intermittently

Hi

We have set up some WMPS searches for CP 16.5. Despite the type of the data source and Metadata DB we use (I have tried Access, SQL), I have been observing some intermittent issues:

• when you have multiple searches checked in CP,  the search tool has a high probability of not returning any results at all
  • when you have one search checked in CP, the search tool works 50/50
  • The search pins don't display all the time for returned results.

Following screenshot shows a common error I have been getting in Debugger:

It complains about nad warehouse connection... I have tried different connections, makes no difference

WMPSSearchIssue.PNG

One thing I have noted is that seems in 16.5, whenever you type something in the search box (only one search is checked), Two POST requests get sent instead of ONE (this was observed in 15EP04 and it worked fine). One of the two POST requests always seems to fail, if the 2nd POST request fails, the search pin will not show; if the 1st POST request fails the search pin will show up. From the screenshot below, you can see that after I typed "b" in the search box, 2 POST requests are sent out, the 2nd one failed, thus the search pin didin't show up.

WMPSSearchIssue2.PNG

We have spent a quite long time diagnosing this issue, no success yet. Any suggestions and thought are appreciated.

cheers

Yuan

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer Portal 16.5 WMPS search plays up intermittently

Hi Yuan,

I don't see this behavior in my 16.5 testing installation. I have:

• 2 WMPS searches defined (accross different DBs)
  • 1 WMPS search assigned to Consumer Portal

Consumer sends only one POST GetFeature request at the time.

However:

• I don't see any pins on the map. I guess I will need to check the template files (tmpl) if they are correct.
  • When I assign a WMPS search to one Consumer Portal instance, it gets assigned to other instances as well. This isn't really proper behavior. I will log a bug report against this one.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Technical Evangelist

Ok, I did more tests on another environment and this time I didn't reproduce none of the behaviors above:

• 2 WMPS searches don't overwrite each other
  • WMPS search shows pins on the map

Untitled.png

I have attached zipped (default) resources folder in case you want to give it a try.

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Highlighted
Super Contributor

HI team,

Some update on the issue that Yuan posted. I try to trace the error shown in BackendWMPS to the dll which originates it

2018-05-25 16:09:02,083 [  31] ERROR Unable to connect to the database.  Please verify that your warehouse-connection parameters are correct and try again. - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass}
2018-05-25 16:09:02,083 [  31] ERROR Error while getting features - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider}
System.ArgumentException: Unable to connect to the database.  Please verify that your warehouse-connection parameters are correct and try again.
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.Utils.OpenConnectionsInMapServer(GWMMapServerHelper& mapServer)
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass.FilterRecordsetByOriginatingPipe(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, LegendEntry objLegendEntry, String filter)
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass.ColumnsFeatureClass(GWMMapServerHelper mapServer, String applicationId, String featureClassName, String connectionName, GRecordset objGRS, Dictionary`2 dicDisplayFields, String geometryName)
   at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeaturesProvider.GetFeatures(GetFeaturesSourceItem[] sourceItems, FilterBase[] filters, String applicationId)
2018-05-25 16:09:02,098 [  31] INFO     -= Finishing OPERATIONCONTRACT: "GetFeatures()" =- - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherService.MapService}

Here is the part in the dll that has the problem

Error.png

I have no idea how come that part could cause the exception. We have only observed that on our client environment, not on our local one

Appreciate all suggestions and ideas

Kind regards,

Frequent Contributor

Hi team

We have identified the issue:

• client had a separate WMS service that had a broken warehouse connection (smartstore data for the WMS was missing).
  • As this WMS service was constantly requested by a client application and the warehouse connection was broken, the Map Server caches this broken warehouse connection.
  • The cached broken warehouse connection somehow had an impact on the WMPS Backend search service. When the search service is requested, it also gets a bad warehouse connection error.
  • After fixing the warehouse connection for the WMS service, the WMPS Backend search services started working fine.

All credits go to Shaun Smiley LOL

thanks

Yuan

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.