Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Consumer Portal 2018 - WFS feature styles

Hi 

Is there a way to configure the styles/symbology for WFS feature classes in Consumer Portal?

I set up the correct symbology in AdminPortal however it's not being used in Consumer Portal. 

Also in the market material it says " Consumer Portal also allows display of vector features’ attributes." How is it supposed to work?  Do you hover the mouse over the WFS features and expect to see a tooltip?

Cheers

Yuan

Technical Evangelist

Re: Consumer Portal 2018 - WFS feature styles

Hi Yuan,

As I wrote in the related support ticket:

• The WFS symbology set in AdminPortal should be reflected in Consumer Portal. However there is some known issue with Thematics which doesn't display properly, yet.
  • In order to have tooltips, you must define them in GeoMedia prior publishing the legend entries to WFS. Then they will propagate to the Consumer Portal as parts of the generated vector tiles

Consumer.png

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Frequent Contributor

Thanks for clarifying few things for us.

• cannot wait to see the symbology fix Smiley Happy
  • I used expressions to include multiple attributes in the same tooltip. I found that to be able to start a different attribute on a new line in Consumer Portal you will need to use <br> as opposed to 'ctrl+enter'. An working example of the tooltip: 'Rate Type:'+Input.RATE_TYPE+'<br>'+'Rate Class:'+Input.RATE_CLASS+' V2' result looks this:CPTooltip.png

cheers

Yuan

Highlighted
Technical Evangelist

I was wondering about the new line character too but I was too afraid to try any :-)

I think that in GeoMedia you must use some VB constants and those wouldn't work properly in Consumer / WFS..

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.