Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Super Contributor

ERDAS APOLLO and Geomedia Web Map on the same server

Hello every body,

I installed on a Windows 2012 Server machine ERDAS APOLLO Pro, can I install on the same machine Geomedia Web Map?

Do I have to do any particular configuration?

Thank you

Technical Evangelist

Re: ERDAS APOLLO and Geomedia Web Map on the same server

[ Edited ]

Hi Giuseppe,

basically these product should not interfere. I remember installing Apollo, GMSC and WebMap on a single Windows Server back in the day. those were versions 2015.

One notice that I can recall now is the AdminConsole which gets overwritten by WebMap installation. But it should still allow for creating Apollo Portal instances.

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Regular Contributor

Golden rule in version 2014 and 2015 (and I assume 2016) is must maintain same patch level.

e.g. if apply webmap 15 EP05 must apply apollo 15 EP05.

I thought rule wouldn't apply to Apollo Essentials 15 and webmap 15 - was running different patch levels => ran into problems in one part of the system (most fine). Same patch level, no prob.

From patch instruction file:

READ CAREFULLY BEFORE YOU START INSTALLATION OF THIS PATCH

It is required that Hexagon Geospatial Platform Suite and Provider Suite products installed on this server have the same release and patch version. Before you start installation, please go through the following steps to facilitate the server update process:
1) Verify the products installed on the server
2) Check if the product installation/upgrade concerns two or more of the following products:
    * Platform Suite: GeoMedia WebMap, Geospatial SDI, Geospatial Portal
    * Provider Suite: ERDAS APOLLO
3) Make sure that for the products detected in point (2) there are compatible patches available.
4)  GeoMedia WebMap patch require 15.0 installer to properly update product.
Make sure all products detected in point (2) are upgraded to the compatible patch before you initiate instance upgrade procedure. In case some of the products do not provide a compatible patch do not proceed with the installation.

New Contributor

Hi, I have both ERDAS APOLLO 2018 and Geomedia WebMap 2018 in the same server. When I try to load services inside geospatial portal from Apollo, i receive Internal Server Error. Could not add layer. 

Regular Contributor

I can advice I have both Apollo 2018 and WebMap 2018 on the same server and can add layers from apollo in apollo-portal.

New Contributor

Can share it here?

Regular Contributor

Share what? My instance is not available on the Internet.

Given this sounds like an Apollo problem you may want to post on the Apollo forums rather than the WebMap forum. You will need to post more info though if you do.

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.