Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Frequent Contributor

GeoMedia WebMap Publisher Administrator Non Responsive in GeoMedia

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using GeoMedia 2018 & GeoMedia WebMap Publisher 2018 on a machine that does not have GeoMedia WebMap. My intention is to publish data remotely to GeoMedia WebMap hosted in a remote machine. However, my setup seams not to be working since the publisher administrator button under WebMap tab in GeoMedia is not reposnding to clicks. I click on it ,I get nothing, no window, no error. I have registered GeoMedia appropriately and even run it as admin but i still get the same output with no error messages.

The GeoMedia WebMap Publisher tool in the remote machine where GeoMedia WebMap is installed works just fine.

Regards,

Elvis

Frequent Contributor

Re: GeoMedia WebMap Publisher Administrator Non Responsive in GeoMedia

[ Edited ]

Digging into event logs i get this:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\WPStart.dll". Dependent Assembly Intergraph.CoordSystems.Services,processorArchitecture="x86",publicKeyToken="a7d8b3bf5a7dd114",type="win32",version="16.5.0.0" could not be found. Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

I saw this error before when running my services and GeoMedia WebMap is not licensed. So does this mean that to use GeoMedia WebMap Publisher to pulish to a remote server one needs Geomedia Webmap License both in the client machine and in the Server? 

I really hope that's not the case.

Edit: Apparantly I've just learnt that's the case...

I am of the opinion GeoMedia WebMap Publisher should use GeoMedia Desktop License and not GeoMedia WebMap's License. Otherwise i don't see the benefit of having remote publishing if am still required to purchase GeoMedia WebMap Licenses for all the clients machines that will publish remotely to a single GeoMedia WebMap Instance.

If there are any explanations as to why i require a GeoMedia WebMap License for every remote publishing client machine please let me know. 

Regards,

Elvis

hbm
Staff

Hi, Elvis!

This looks more like an installation/configuration issue with the GeoMedia WebMap Publisher. It should be running quite happily as long as your GeoMedia Desktop product is properly licensed.

To help us diagnose this a bit more, can you verify that under the installation path (C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\) there exists a symbolic folder link named PrivateAssemblies?

If it doesn't exist, try to create it. To do so, open an elevated command prompt and invoke this command:

mklink.exe /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\PrivateAssemblies" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\PrivateAssemblies"

It should result in the following output message:

symbolic link created for C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\PrivateAssemblies <<===>> C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intergraph\GeoMedia\Program\PrivateAssemblies

Restart your GeoMedia Desktop and retry. Let us know how it goes.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Hbm,

Unfortunately am still unable to get the pubisher command to work even after following the steps.I was able to create the symbolic Link.

cmdresult.png

I still get the error posted earlier in windows event logs.

eventlog.png

In Geomedia..

geomedia.png

Administrator Publisher still unresponsive.

Regards,

Elvis

Technical Evangelist

Hi Elvis,

I have created ticket on your behalf in order to further investigate this issue. We believe it's a configuration problem, but we'd like to make sure it is the case.

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

hbm
Staff

The ticket is still warranted, as it seems there are some conditions which make the installer not set up things entirely correctly. In my case it was the "wrong" order of installation (first GeoMedia WebMap Publisher then GeoMedia Desktop). What was your order, Elvis?

In my short investigation it apparently wasn't sufficient to make the PrivateAssemblies symbolic link. The C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\ folder didn't contain the necessary *.manifest files. I copied over them from the PrivateAssemblies and everything started to work. One more thing for you to try, Elvis.

Thanks for filing the ticket, Jan!

Frequent Contributor

Hi Hbm,

Am sure i had installed GeoMedia Desktop ahead of GeoMedia WebMap Publisher. I have also done a clean reinstallation of both in the same order but i still end up with the same results. I have had to add the symbolik link manually despite the clean reinstallation. Another thing in my case is that my *.manifest files are copied over when i create the symbolic link.

Regards,

Elvis

hbm
Staff

Apologies for maybe not being clear enough in my rushed response, Elvis.

What I meant was that after creating the symbolic link at C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program\PrivateAssemblies, an additional step is required to copy *.manifest files from there into C:\Program Files (x86)\Hexagon\GeoMedia WebMap Publisher\Program

The result should look more or less like so:

2018-03-08 18_32_32-Clipboard.png

You saying that you experience the issue with the "proper" order of installation is very valuable. I'll add that to the ticket @jan.neumann already created.

Frequent Contributor

After copying over the manifest files now i can get the Publisher Administrator window open in GeoMedia. However, the Create button is disabled whether i run in GeoMedia as Administrator or not.

remote.png

Am almost there though Smiley Happy

Probably there is something else i have not done right...

Technical Evangelist

Hi Elvis,

Unfortunately another small glitch with the publisher admin. I will file a new ticket on this...

Regards,

Jan

Jan Neumann
Post Sales Engineer Web Applications
Hexagon Geospatial

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.