Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Contributor

Geospatial Portal 2016, printing feature, Web Browser Windows Form Control - Win server 2012, IE 11

Hi,

In the Geospatial Portal Administrator Documentation, chapter 'Configuring Printing Feature' there is stated that the IE 10 is required on Windows Server 2012. But IE 11 is preinstalled on Win Server 2012 and it is not possible or not recommended to downgrade to IE10.

It is possible that printing in this mode will work with IE 11 on Win server 2012 because it doesn't work in my case and phantomjs neither.

Regards.

hbm
Staff

Re: Geospatial Portal 2016, printing feature, Web Browser Windows Form Control - Win server 2012, IE

Vague questions formed as "it's not working for me" are inherently very hard to answer, Piotr. Our set ups with Windows Server 2012 have no problem with the printing configuration. The documentation states the minimal version of IE the software accepts and the software should switch to the compatibility mode if required. Your indication that it does not work with either IE or PhantomJS suggests that you are experiencing a major misconfiguration. Do you have debug logging enabled? If so, does the log file contain anything implying an error?
Contributor

Re: Geospatial Portal 2016, printing feature, Web Browser Windows Form Control - Win server 2012, IE

Thanks for your answer. Indeed I verified that the problem is in my configuration or rather problem with add-ons to the portal.

However the documentation states : ‘The IE 10 is required on Windows Server 2012.’.  Not the minimal version is IE 10.  So I wasn’t where is the problem in my case where I had a IE11?

Regards.

Technical Evangelist

Hello Pkrok.

Windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 are 2 different operating systems and were delivered with 2 different versions of IE.

Windows Server 2012 - IE10, Windows Server 2012 R2 - IE11.

I recommend using PhantomJS.

Thanks,

Marc

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.