Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Occasional Contributor

How to create WMTS from Geomedia WebMap

Hi Guys,

I'm using WMS services when loading my map is really slowly, so I need to create WMTS services to improve access capability my map. Please help me this problem. Althought, I've read the Configuring WMTS in the Help, I could't configure them.

http://map.truetech.com.vn/GeoMediaWebMap/Doc/WebHelp/GeoMedia_WebMap_Administrator_Guide/#579153.ht....

Appreciate your surport,

many thanks

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to create WMTS from Geomedia WebMap

Hi there,

Before you setup your WMTS you need to decide on the following:

1. Bounding box extents (Min X, Min Y, Max X, Max Y) for the WMTS. You may want to base this on the exact extents of your WMS or only tile cache a particular area of data within the WMS.
  2. WMTS layer configuration. Do you want to merge multiple layers from the WMS into a single WMTS layer, have a WMTS layer for each WMS layer or a combination of both.

These are my typical steps for the setup for a WMTS displaying data in a projected coordinate system:

1. Create the WMTS Service Instance in the Administration Console. Configure the data source to be 'SDI Data Source'.
  2. Edit the WMTS Service Instance web.config file as follows:
    • Within <GlobalCRSStore> add a reference to your CRS if the WMTS is not going to use EPSG:4326. Copy a coordinate system definition file (*.csf) of your CRS to the 'csf' folder of the Service Instance.
    • Within <SDIWMTSOriginatingPipe> section, set cacheConfigurationFile parameter to reference C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService\sharedConfiguration\CacheConfiguration.xml and locatorConfigurationFile parameter to reference C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService\sharedConfiguration\TileLocationCfg.xml.
    • Define required WMTS layer(s) within <ProductsMap> section. Ensure TileMatrixSet name and rasterServiceCode values are identical.
    • Configure coordinate system within <SimpleMapping> and <ProductDefinition> sections.
    • Optionally configure <LayerDefinitions> section if you want to support GetFeatureInfo requests to the WMTS. See further notes at bottom of WMTS Service Instance web.config file for enabling support for GetFeatureInfo requests.
  3. Edit Intergraph.GeoMedia.Web.SDI.Tools.CacheFillerWindowsService.exe.config located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService as follows:
    • Enter WMS URL as value for parameters CacheFillerServiceUrl and "ServiceOne" serviceURL. URL string for a GeoMedia WebMap WMS would be: http://server/webservice/service.svc/get
    • Within <Products> section define a <Product> The Product name should match the name set for TileMatrixSet and rasterServiceCode defined in WMTS Service Instance.
    • Define which WMS layers will be contained within the Product using the <LayerDefinitions> section. Ensure you reference the correct serviceAlias (ServiceOne in this example) for each WMS layer in case you are retrieving layers from multiple WMS services.
  4. Edit TileLocationCfg.xml located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService\sharedConfiguration as follows:
    • Define the file location for the WMTS tile cache within the <TileLocationMapping> section.
  5. Edit CacheConfiguration.xml located under C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService\sharedConfiguration as follows:
    • Add a new <RasterService> section. The Code and Name should match TileMatrixSet and rasterServiceCode defined in WMTS Service Instance.
    • Optionally change MapSize to adjust WMTS tile size.
    • Define coordinate system settings in <CoordinateSystem> section.
    • Define Bounding Box area for tile cache in <BoundingBox> section.
    • Define zoom levels for your WMTS within the <Levels> section. 0 level is the highest (most zoomed out) level. tileSize is the ground distance width of each tile and are units of the coordinate system. In my example, its metres for the projected coordinate system.
  6. Start the Windows Service Geospatial Service Cache Filler Service. If service fails to start, check C:\Program Files\Common Files\Hexagon\Services\Supporting Services\SDIProCacheFillerService\log\rol-log.txt for errors.
  7. Run the WMTS Service Instance in the Administration Console to confirm capabilities document is shown without any error. Review <TitileMatrixSet> section to confirm zoom levels are what you require. Adjust these using CacheConfiguration.xml. You need to recycle WMTS Service Instance IIS Application Pool to detect changes made to CacheConfiguration.xml.

I hope that is enough information to get your WMTS up and running. 

Good luck!

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin.Bertram,

I've done follow your guide, but I got an Error. Please help me how to resovle them?

Please follow the below steps that I've done:

• I created a WMS services
  • Edit CacheConfiguration.xml
  • Edit TileLocationCfg.xml
  • Edit CacheFilerWindowsService.exe.config
  • Edit file Web.config

Then I run WMTS from Administrator Console.Erorr.png

Please attached file

Many thanks

Occasional Contributor

Frequent Contributor

There appears to be a issue with your WMTS web.config file. The zip file you attached appears to be corrupt.

Can you attach a copy of the WMTS web.config file or paste into the topic the entire <ProductsMap> section.

Thanks,

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin,

I send you, please follow the link below:

http://maps.truetech.com.vn/Images/XML/

many thanks

Frequent Contributor

Hi,

Your WMTS web.config has duplicated sections in it. Try deleting lines 484 - 494, save the file and then run the WMTS instane again from the Administration Console.

I've quickly looked through the other files in your zip. You haven't changed the tile sizes in CacheConfiguration.xml. These appear to be the example values that are written for US Sample data in EPSG:4326 so are unlikely to be suitable for your data in EPSG:3857.

Colin

Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin,

Could you pls give me a sample configure Web.config for data EPSG:3857? I still could't fix this error.

many thanks

Occasional Contributor

Hi Colin,

Please see the below error

12-4-2017_AM.png

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I missed that there was some other invalid XML in your WMTS web.config file. See attached modified copy of your file which I believe should now have all invalid XML removed.

HTH

Colin

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.