Hexagon Geospatial
MENU

Support WebGIS

Need a push in the right direction when configuring WebMap, Portal or SDI services? Looking for hints and tips, or just looking for Ideas and information? The WebGIS discussion board is where you start those discussions, connect and share information.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

No Data -> FeatureInfo

Hi Guys,

Any help will be greatly apprecated.

We have published alot of data the past years but this issue I just cant seem to pinpoint.

We are publishing an Oracle view(as 95% of our data is in Oracle (Tables And Views)).

The view in question displays fine in portal , the Featureinfo is the problem.

The behaviour is erratic , sometime some geometry feature info displays , and sometimes it just returns no data (even for the same geometry )

I went through all the possible logs , portal logs , WMPS logs GWM log and Oracle log and I am not seeing anything funny.

This behaviour is on the info tool , the double click on the geometry event seems to be even less successful.

The only log I can find is in the WMPS log that is related but not always log in the event of no feature info is the following.

2017-12-11 14:46:56,406 [ 39] ERROR System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80004005): Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.
at Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass.GetFeatureInfo(SourceFeature[] features, String applicationId, String sessionId) - {Intergraph.WebSolutions.Core.MapPublisherConnector.Service.FeatureClass}

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards

Jacques 

hbm
Staff

Re: No Data -> FeatureInfo

Do you have the last few lines of DEBUG level logging before the ERROR level log line you mentioned? That would help in pinpointing the exact place of code that failed.

Still. This looks awfully a lot like a witch hunt, with you saying that this doesn't occur always, and sometimes occurs for the same feature.

One thing to try would be to run some Portal analyses (attribute only, spatial only and mixed) against the feature class that is treated by WMPS as the source for your legend items. This might bring up some more info in the log files.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Hbm,

Sorry for my late response.

That log is not available anymore , I have tried to recreate the error but I was unable to do so.

And yes , this is starting to become a witch hunt, will try as you suggested.

Strange thing I have notice , double clicking the geometry for feature info alwas returns no data , Info tool Rarely does , but what I have Notice is that when one use the info tool and click just outside the geometry almost always the feature info is returned.

Regards

Jacques

Frequent Contributor

Hi  Hbm,

So , attached is the detailed log of the wmps service from start of feature info call to end.

Kind Regards

Jacques

Frequent Contributor

More precise, the geometry is type area.

If one click on the info tool and on the geometry line the feature info is returned.

When clicking in the fill area , no feature info is returned , I suspect that the area is to large and does not get covered by the info tool radius.

But still no feature info on double clicking , made changes to test , in oracle the underlying table the view is created on has n combined pk between 3 columns.

So I added a new column in the table gave it a new unique number and in the database utilities made it the pk , but still no luck.

Kind Regards

Jacques

hbm
Staff

Do you have display fields defined for the feature class in question, Jacques? Can you triple check that they are not corrupted in the WebMap Publisher Metabase in table WPDisplayFields? E.g. missing FieldName, or one point to a field not existing in the feature class.

Frequent Contributor

Hi Hbm,

Great idea, let me have a look and I will get back to you.

Thanks.

Kind Regard

Jacques

Frequent Contributor

I have seen similar behaviour.

It was caused by: data is a view, doesn't have Primary Key and non of the columns can be used as PK field as they all have duplications...

Not sure it's the same in your case

Cheers

Yuan

Frequent Contributor

Hi Yuan,

Thanks for the info , yes that will definitely cause an issue.

But I will have to mark Hbm comment as the solution.

After a long search and comapare I dound that there was indeed corrupt data in WebMap Publisher metabase.

So thanks for the step in the right direction Hbm.

Kind Regards

Jacques

hbm
Staff

Glad we were able to sort this one out.

I cheated somewhat by looking in the source code, though Smiley Wink

Do you need immediate support?
If you encounter a critical issue and need immediate assistance please submit a Service Request through our Support Portal.